Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35016 02/17/03 10:16 PM
Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

it usually takes me a 30 min session for one chapter of a bio book. (not that ive really tried).....
Does it become easier and faster with practice?
I know ive asked similar questions but
does anyone have any suggestions on how they PR Science courses like chem and physics?
thanks

Administrator
Administrator

It usually gets faster as you become more familar with the subject.

Remember to photoread the chapter again just prior to activation. Include the 2 chapters before and 2 chapters after the chapter you want to activate.

Alex

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex
ive never PR just before i am about to activate , except for the session i am suppose to do at least 20 minutes prior.
I thought doing it again would deter the results somehow.....will try doing that- thanks for the suggestion.

What would be the benefit of pr-ing the two chapters ahead and after?

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

Alek, I Pr-ed just before activation (again after doing it last night), and it did make a difference. Thanks. Now i just have to get past the bordom part. lol

Thank-you so much

PRing again make it fresh in your inner mind, which has already done some work with it during the previous pass. However, your inner mind does more than just process what you PR. PRing again brings it to the top of the queue and repetitions makes strengthens your mental pathways for the material.

PRing a couple of chapters before and after has two good effects. The first it that material before and after is usually related, so that your inner mind has a bigger picture, in which to place the current needed information. The second is the fact that as you start the PR step, you quickly slip into the proper ALS. So you "potentially" poorest received material is the first few pages of any session. This isn't a problem after your familiar with ALS, but for some people it is an intelligent precaution.

Good luck,

Iam2 (I am not AlexK but I had two cents just lying around )

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you
i need all the money i can get
...als?

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

acelerated learning s?

alpha state... you have the book right? Well... I truely authentically learned PR this weekend with all my prior knowledge of PR. I went to the Health Science library at UT memphis where my parents work. I took a few books on neurology and brain stuff. PRed them and PRed a medical dictionary.

From my experiences, I gained A LOT through Post view and a fast preview. After a while, like about 10mins or so, I went back to activate stuff. It is pretty interesting how much you can gain from filling up the skeleton of the text.

Hope that helps.

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Chang.

Music might help with the boredom part. I don't use music during the actual flip-flip-flip of PhotoReading, but during activation appropriate music can assist.

One thing to consider is dramatically decreasing the amount of time spent in any one activation session. For example, instead of 20 minutes, try 15 or 10.. maybe even 5. Another would be multiple passes, making your FIRST pass absolutely nothing but superreading no matter what. You can come back and dip in pass two.

One thing Paul recommends in the home study course is to spend five to ten minutes right after PhotoReading to generate curiosity by looking at the book. Either open it randomly, or go to the index or table of contents and spend a few minutes with something you really do want to know about. This generates a hightened state of curiosity. It's easy to read things you're curious about. It's hard to even pick up a book that bores you.

In high school, I won the "oscar" award for being the messiest boy in the senior class. I find that if a book lands in the Null Zone under my bed, it means that my Other Than Consious mind is telling me that the book, like my bed, is something that WILL put me to sleep. The last book to do this on me was "Real Magic" by Wayne Dyer. I borrowed the tape series from the library. Got about three tapes into it and realized that even though I enjoy backgammon, listening to the tapes while playing backgammon was making backgammon boring!

The difference between this is, of course, that you're in college and can't afford just idgaf the text. Hopefully, you can find ways to make biology exciting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved