Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35057 02/18/03 09:39 PM
OP Offline

Can someone help me out. I been doing photoreading for ages it seems and still haven't really got to a point where i have a familarity with the text i am reading. I think maybe my main problem might be a lack of the ability to relax. I am contemplating getting a light and sound machine or a cheap biofeedback machine like the thoughtstream - can anyone advice me on whether these things are useful. I tried Holosync however it has not lived up to all its hype and after years of doing it there is no change in me.

First issue i have is that when stating the purpose i feel that it doesnt really make any difference whether i state one or not. I seem to have trouble holding a purpose in my mind while chanting.

Next with photofocus something i realised is that doing the hot dog technique outlined in the book is not the same technique you use to look at the stereoreading page in the book in the course. I can do the hot dog technique from the photoreading book in a matter of seconds, but it takes me 2 minutes per page to achieve the stereoreading state.

SO lastly with activating, the night after i have photread a book it seems like i have to normal read the book to get any understanding out of it. Plus i am a student and need to read every page of the books i use, so probing for is no use.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

#35058 02/18/03 11:33 PM

Everyone is a student here so that is no excuse for not mind probing. Seems to me like you have similiar problems like all beginners with PR. You gave up using the system correctly. State a good purpose, PR the book, steroreading should be matter of seconds for photofocus. If you get into ALS... ALS for me is to lower most of my beta activity and just calm down, breath for a while and then see the room with my mind's eyes. Usually takes me like 5mins to get into state and maintain that state. I have lots of beta activity, lots of self distracting thoughts, so I have to chant and keep my mind focused.

Everypage has different worth and value, PR makes you tune into the important stuff and shoot out the things you don't need. If you feel pressured by school reading, then read books on your own. Like, I'm reading up on neurology by myself to learn how the brain works and at the same time learning PR.

When you state a purpose, done correctly, it feels like you can gain something. If you feel like purpose didn't do anything, then state a better purpose. But it is very important that you have a purpose to read, even if you think it's not making any difference.

Activation is pure play. Jump around on the text, see what signals the brain gives you. Super read and dip into important info.

As for steroreading... See the floor, imagine like a pencil or something on the floor or behind your book far away and look at that. Bring the book into your view and don't "look at it". Best way I do this is by being aware of things at the corner of my eyes instead of seeing the book.

Just play around more then you'll get it. If you have been PR correctly for ages, then it should be no problem. Otherwise, for all those ages you have wasted in doing PR wrong and dug a hole for yourself. We can do our best to pull you out.

Final suggestion is for you to reread your PR book and finish your tape set again.

hope that helps.

#35059 02/19/03 12:44 AM

I'm not going to tell you how to study, but I will comment on PWMS.

Relaxation issues: If you have the course tapes or CDs, go through the relaxation exercises with Paul. The more you do it, the easier it will be for you enter the correct state. Tape 7 , if my memory serves me correctly, has Paul walking you through the whole PWMS for about a 200 page book. Do your sessions while listening to this tape.

If you don't have the course, consider it. I'm only guessing, but I bet it's cheaper that the holosync machine.

There is lots of free information on relaxation on the net. Go take a look.

Purpose issue: You don't need to stay conscious of your purpuse during the PR step. State it, and feel motivated to satisfying it before PRing. Then let your inner mind work at solving the problem.

Vision issue: The cocktail weenie and the stereogram and the blip page are all the same thing. However, it isn't required. You can get the same results with a soft gaze, where you are aware of all four corners and the white spaces around the text.

Every page issue: Trust yourself to determine what material and when it should be brought to the attention of your conscious mind. Your needs are no different from many people who use the system properly. Believe in the power of your mind, and get out of it's way. The system will work for you.

Good luck,

Iam2

#35060 02/19/03 09:39 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Firstly I suggest you start by accepting that you are probably doing it right.

From your post you have negated your efforts every step of the way.

Relaxed enough. If you take a deep breath and exhale you are more relaxed than you were a momment before. Simply start by doing the relaxation exercises as given and take it for granted that you are relaxed enough. Saying the chant will keep you there.

If the blip page gives you trouble use the X-technique explained on page 48 of the book. All it takes to be in photofocus is a soft gaze that sees both pages of the book.

Set time limits for activation and stick with it. You'll need to motivate yourself to stick to activation rather than regular reading when you. Remember it will take more than one activation pass to get what you want out of a textbook.

If you have the course you have the memory supercharger tape. Use that often. Use it to remember how it feels when you are relaxed. Use it to remember how it feels when you successfully activate. Use it to remember your homework and study material.

If you haven't got the course you might want to obtain both the Memory Supercharger and the Personal Genius tape. As an owner of a Light and Sound devise I can assure you, you will gain much more from those 2 tapes and it will cost you less.

Alex

#35061 02/19/03 10:06 PM

I find it easier to PR when I am complete relaxed. I take like 5min at least to just sit on the floor and relax in Full Lotus position (Yoga sitting) or just regular sit. To stop thinking with my concious mind I just listen to the sounds around me and hear them in my head to cancel out my subvocalization thoughts. I enter the beginners mind, open my eyes, get on the table and restate my purpose then turn those pages. The PRWMS is relatively new to me also since I authentically started recently thanks to some persistent members on the forum that wouldn't let me give up and helped me through. Don't ever deny your brain of anything, just FIND it. Subconcious mind takes everything in once and likes it like that. Concious mind loves to repeat things. Get the book into Subconcious mind and link it to concious then study. That should be no problem if you accept all your emotions and feelings invoked by the experience. As with most skills, if this doesn't come naturally at first keep playing with it and don't get too discouraged, rather more courious and confused.

Hope that helps.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved