Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35137 02/21/03 02:57 AM
Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

just wondering how many books everyone Prs
here (daily or weekly), and what ur level of comprehesion is.
thanks

hehe, still n00bie here... 1 or 2 per day. activate 1 per day. Comprehension is still basic, some good insights with familiar material. I get more depth with stuff I know, like WWII books. Starting neurology reading which I'll post comprehension levels on later when I activate.

I PR the newspaper, e-mail, internet articles and magazines daily. On a weekly basis, I PR 10-15 new books while activating 2-4 of those per week, not necessarily fully activating. One of those 10-15 books is the dictionary which I PR daily. My goal in activating is to gather knowledge of the information needed during that particular point in time, nothing less nothing more. I strive to complete 1 direct learning PR session weekly. Basically, if it's readable I attempt to PR the material. This is only my 5th week undertaking the whole mind photoreading system. The most noticeable side effect has been the desire to learn skills and material I would otherwise have left on the back burner. In addition, my overall awareness has improved. Even outside of reading, I can sense things in the environment more quickly. I have come across several posts of individuals complaining about their lack of motivation to complete or utilize the course. I can't think of a more motivating factor then to be able to grasp and learn new concepts and ideas in weeks that ordinarily may take months or years to achieve with traditional reading.

P.S. Kudos to Alex for the many positive and insightful posts. You're like a member of the LSC team.

quote:
Originally posted by JJWjr:

P.S. Kudos to Alex for the many positive and insightful posts. You're like a member of the LSC team.

AlexK gets SO much praise lately. Congratulations for getting...congratulated, Alex!

I PR daily, mostly my school textbooks, but man...once I get started I go through about 10 books, activating all of them, then stop. Then after a week or two I'm like, "Hmm, this book looks interesting." Then the cycle repeats itself.

I appreciate your words on my post I don't PR yet but i plan on developing a program for it once i get the book and read it. I want to be proficient with the system in 1 years time, so that when i enter education again as an old guy i can be Aces. I am encouraged by the threads here and have decided to undertake the seminar at first of April. Will give you more insight to my progress soon after i get the book

Get your mind ready for PR. Be open, playful, and start meditation. Sit down and relax for 10mins for beginners. Time frame sounds good, 1 year is more than enough time to find the path to excellence. I didn't limit my learning time with PR, I just say whatever happens happens. If I happen to find everything click tomorrow, then that's that. If that didn't happen, then I play some more and gain experience. Overall, it sounds like a good plan. W/o the tapes you'll nned lots of self modivation and confidence, post when you run into problems AFTER you learn the whole mind system.

quote:
Originally posted by Rflow21:
just wondering how many books everyone Prs
here (daily or weekly), and what ur level of comprehesion is.
thanks

I looked through the book multiple times, and couldn't find ur level of comprehension. I'm not sure what the term means. I know "Ur song" is supposed to be something that evokes emotion without the listener's intent, and "Ur voice" is a way of speaking to make people obey without conscious thought. I guess spontaneous activation would be an example of "Ur level of comprehension," or maybe it's something deeper, where you feel a deep level of rapport with the author when it comes to what's in that book, as if you had written it yourself. I've reached the Ur level twice, once with Robert Graves' "The White Goddess," and once with William Reich's "Listen, Little Man." I don't think it's the kind of thing that can be forced... maybe it can't even be expected. Meditation may help, but that's a little outside of PhotoReading.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved