Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#35164 02/22/03 08:40 AM
OP Offline

I ran into this site http://www.secretsofhypnosis.com/1/?code=hyprev221

and was wondering does it really work?

I have photoreading and im sure it really works but i kinda need it to work quickly as i have limited time.

#35165 02/22/03 08:42 AM
OP Offline

I have a huge problem in laziness/energy.

I always feel so tired to study but am always thinking about it. I talk about it every second but dont do nearly as much as i should.
I really need to solve this problem
Thanks. Mathematician...

#35166 02/22/03 04:45 PM

Uh...

You could go to the library and get some books on hypnosis, use the syntoptic reading portion of PR and then see if that helps.

Of course, those books might take you longer than 10 minutes, but you'll have to wait for shipping.

I would also suggest sticking with one thing, rather than to keep looking for new and better systems, which will end up with you paying a whole lot of money and never getting into anything that works.

#35167 02/22/03 08:42 PM

PR takes time to understand. As for lazyness and larthargy... Exercise more, swim for an hour and come back, take a nap. Then wake up and do stuff. Often times mental fatigue is due to physical fatigue. When you solve problems in math, do you sound out the numbers in your head? Or do you just see the problem and a answer pops out?

Chang Liu

#35168 02/23/03 12:22 AM

Chang, Mathematician has been around for a long time. He's just not been active on the board for a while. I suspect he can do the synoptic reading.

Oooops did I say synoptic instead of syntopic.

Iam2

#35169 02/23/03 01:23 AM

Mathematician,

The answer to your challenge is simple.

The secret is to subtract from one's life instead of adding.

This story is from one of Howard Vernons' books.

One day, a traveller was walking the country side. He had in one hand a brick, in another a rock, a sack of earth on his back, vines wrapped around his waste which were connected to a pumpkin on his head.

While traveling, a villager pointed out to the traveller about the rock in his hand. He never really noticed it, so he discarded it.

While continueing to travel to another village, another villager pointed out to the traveller about the brick in his hand. He never really noticed it, so he discarded it.

This continued until nothing remained attached to the traveller. What the traveller did notice was how much lighter and better he felt after all the things which were weighing him down were brought to his attention.

Life is like that, we carry so much baggage that it starts to rob us of our energy. Your baggage seems to be your constant thinking about it. With depleted energy what's the one thing you instinctively do? That's right, nothing!

You seem so overwhelmed, take a break, stand back from everything, find yourself and go at life again once you have re-energized yourself!

LLL

Michael Saikali

#35170 02/23/03 05:33 AM
Administrator
Administrator

mathematician

HSC deadline looming and last couple of exams to pull up your grades?

Give yourself more options. You don't have to be able to photoread to get passing grades.

Go back to your teachers and get them to help you learn what they are teaching. Tell them you're not getting it. Ask them what you should be studying / focusing on. Get them to tell you "how" to learn it.

Yes knowing self hypnosis would help... Now consider this. Book learning isn't your strongest point. If it were you would be going through your courses with ease. So it is highly unlikely that you will learn hypnosis from a book before you improved your book learning skill. You'd be adding an excuse to further procastinate on your studies about. (I have to learn this first and then I can do my assignments) Frankly you haven't got the time.

For the same amount of money you can purchase a tape which, for you, could be a more productive option. There are plenty on the market. You can even find them in book shops. Alernatively you could get the Get Around To It paraliminal... to get motivated into "doing" your studies not just thinking about it.

Personal Genius and Memory Supercharger are also excellent paraliminals for learning, both for photoreading and studies in general.

Quite honestly I believe that these will get you further than trying to learn hypnosis from a book.

Since being able to be relaxed while learning helps with learning, play baroque music while studying or even Mozart (strings apparently are best). Even nature sounds can help.

If you want to use photoreading there is only one thing you need to remember.

There are 5 steps to photoreading and you apply them in the sequence given.

1. Prepare.
2. Preview.
3. Photoread.
4. Activate (multiple passes)
5. Rapid Read (if required)

If you are a 'white belt'(new to photoreading) in photoreading you do each step, the only thing to 'get right' is doing each step as best your can. If you are a 'red, green, or yellow belt' in photoreading, you still apply the 5 steps - to the best of your ability.

Trying to find short cuts to learning cost you more time than using the tools you already have and getting on with it and getting it done. You add new 'tools' when you have the time near the beginning of a project to experiment with them.

Alex

#35171 02/23/03 06:13 AM

hmmmmm...

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited February 23, 2003).]

#35172 02/23/03 11:23 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Chang Liu:
I have Chinese Belt, HA! Or the "Ha Humbug AlexK" belt. Shortcuts does hurt... But sometimes when you don't have all your material with you when you PR you are forced to shortcut... Like mental mindmap and trigger word with some simple activation.

Your quest to have AlexK praise you is pathetic, considering how much of my time it took to get you to even read the book! You contacted me through msn on the 17th January having claimed then to have already have done so!

I've politely ignored the fact that you have been parroting advice that I have given you as if it was your personal experience (the next day).

Frankly your lame attempt to disguise your insults in humour doesn't impress me. I must admit you are considerably less insulting to me on the forum than you have been in the chats. As to why I even tolerated them in the chats to teach you to photoread because you couldn't be bothered even to read the book... I have my reasons.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited February 23, 2003).]

#35173 02/23/03 11:45 AM

Now boys...

AlexK, easy there kiddo. Do you realise how silly that last post sounds? Whining that someone else is passing along the advice you gave them... come on. Chang Liu's obvious attempts to take the **** out of you are pathetic in themselves, but dignifying them with a reply is just antagonizing.

If you two have a tiff this isn't the place to air it.

I know I know... I'm sure you feel like you contribute enough to the board to deserve a little liberty so you can retort, but it only takes away from your credibility in my book.

OK. Enough said... please move along.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved