Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I posted a message about this book in the 'Genius Code' area, but want to see what you photoreaders think.

I've been reading about photoreading but couldn't actually buy Genius Code or the Photoreading program, because the price is phenomenolly high for someone of my means. I stumbled upon this book called The Mind Accelerator, and read about its "iReading" strategy at http://www.wisdomcapture.com

The question I pose is, do any of you know anything about the the reading strategy in this book?

I found them, Volition Thought House, through Google-- looks impressive. Anyways, let me know if any of you have had any experience with this more affordable program. It would help when going through it, as I just ordered one.

Information about the whole book can be accessed at http://www.mindaccelerator.info .

I know this forum is about the programs by LSC, but I feel that any way to read at such a high rate should be discussed here. I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts on this--

Cheers from RG!

At the risk of repeating myself. The first time I saw this site, as you noticed, I failed to grasp that it was a print book and not a piece of software. I also stated that it did not contain much information, which you vehemently refuted. I re-looked at this site. It says nothing but a lot of vague references and analogies to infinity and computers, and then throws in a bunch of fruity quotes which they made themselves. Yes, it may be cheaper than GC or PR, but what does it do? What is this Ireading? They don't say a damn thing about it which is usefull. Furthermore, they cite the Reinert study, which I have already extensively revealed the limitations of and which obviously applies first and foremost to ISing, as "proof" of their systems efficacy. The site, in addition to the above complaints, is laid-out in a silly manner, resembling nothing more than an attempt at exciting marketing-hype in the interest of misleading naive sheep into believing their extravagant claims. And their claims, for that matter, seem to be identical with those already made by Wenger, and LSC, down to the detail of how fast one will supposedly be able to read. If they truly have something worthwhile or new, why would they couch it in such a charlatinistic manner? why would they emulate claims already made? why use the Reinert study unless their technique is similar if not identical to ISing? why does their website not say anything usefull about the technique, except that it is divided into fouyr phases and is designed to make you a super-human information-processor/genius? If this technique was so effective why have not they themselves done anything more than this lame website, and why cannot they explain our minds using more useful and epistemologically valid terminology? I smell a rat.
If it turns out that I am wrong, and that you order this program and it does live up to its promises, than be sure and let me know. and while your at it you could design them a better, less fruity, website.
K. "faustus" Olafsson

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Kristoff Olafsson:

At the risk of repeating myself. The first time I saw this site, as you noticed, I failed to grasp that it was a print book and not a piece of software. I also stated that it did not contain much information, which you vehemently refuted. I re-looked at this site. It says nothing but a lot of vague references and analogies to infinity and computers, and then throws in a bunch of fruity quotes which they made themselves. Yes, it may be cheaper than GC or PR, but what does it do? What is this Ireading? They don't say a damn thing about it which is usefull. Furthermore, they cite the Reinert study, which I have already extensively revealed the limitations of and which obviously applies first and foremost to ISing, as "proof" of their systems efficacy. The site, in addition to the above complaints, is laid-out in a silly manner, resembling nothing more than an attempt at exciting marketing-hype in the interest of misleading naive sheep into believing their extravagant claims. And their claims, for that matter, seem to be identical with those already made by Wenger, and LSC, down to the detail of how fast one will supposedly be able to read. If they truly have something worthwhile or new, why would they couch it in such a charlatinistic manner? why would they emulate claims already made? why use the Reinert study unless their technique is similar if not identical to ISing? why does their website not say anything usefull about the technique, except that it is divided into fouyr phases and is designed to make you a super-human information-processor/genius? If this technique was so effective why have not they themselves done anything more than this lame website, and why cannot they explain our minds using more useful and epistemologically valid terminology? I smell a rat.
If it turns out that I am wrong, and that you order this program and it does live up to its promises, than be sure and let me know. and while your at it you could design them a better, less fruity, website.
K. "faustus" Olafsson

Kristoff-- you never fail to make me laugh man. You have nice/unique disposition on things

Fruity-- as in gay and strange? What do you find Gay or Fruity about the website design and layout?

I think the approach they are taking is one to the general population. This is a book for everyone, and not everyone thinks they can be something greater. You seem to be more advanced in terms of knowledge about these things... so the site alone doesn't quench your thirst.

At this link, they provide a good description of what iReading is. http://www.volitionth.com/wp3.htm

They use analogies well to communicate the whole idea-- again geared for the average person, with an average idea on these things.

You didn't notice it was a book? The first page says
"The 4 phase engine of this BOOK takes you beyond the mediocre strategy of an average existence. This industrial strength guide to achievement provides a revolutionary new way for individuals and organizations to access their infinite potential… and achieve monumental results. "

I think the picture could look like a software box-- perhaps this is where that idea came from.

I think their Phase 2 uses the fundamental workings of the whole image streaming theory, but brings it to a new level. Obviously it takes time and money to get studies done to prove it... in the future they may come.

You have strong views-- and you must be in marketing! It looks like you love the art of persuasion

Have a good one Kristoff-- till next time!

RG

K.olafsson:

I just realized something. The MA claim only a 9.6 IQ point increase, and if they (even with all the other boasting) decide to put a cap on IQ gains from their (assuming its ISing) Technique. Then perhaps you were right about the limited gains from Ising with respect to IQ. Or am i mislead?

p.s.- for the record, i too believed it to be software. It was because the constant use of "our program" which kept reminding me of my computer science professor.

[This message has been edited by Serpentaura (edited February 26, 2003).]

Looking at the website, it doesn't give me any concrete information.

Furthermore, it has a "Scientology" flavor to it. Look at the language, and then go to a scientology website.

Humphrey www.not5150.com

Researchguy,

You seem to be pitching this "Mind Accelerator" book pretty strongly.

You said you just ordered it. How soon is it supposed to arrive?

Did the company promote a "Mind Accelerator self-study course" as well?

Make sure to let us know which books are referenced in its bibliography.

Thanks.

x Offline

I've never heard of it. Post back when you get it and tell us how well it works.

ps. the photoreading course and tape manual is expensive I admit. but you can order the book online for $20 so it's not really that expensive.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by x:
I've never heard of it. Post back when you get it and tell us how well it works.

ps. the photoreading course and tape manual is expensive I admit. but you can order the book online for $20 so it's not really that expensive.

Definetly guys-- I'll let you know. Should arrive before the weekend!

I'll let you know about the bibliography as well.

Anyone know of any Scientology sites I can check out? To see the comparison would be interesting!

Believe me, the Scientology.com website itself is enough to compare. I remember because I read through the whole thing, ****ed at how none of anything it said on there sounded true. But I don't know, I could be wrong...

Just for the record, I didn't mean fruity as in gay. I meant it as a more derogatory version of sappy, and/or corny. I stand by my opinions. If the technique works better than PR or IS be sure and tell us.
To thinking,
K.Olafsson Master of Ratiocination, Irony, and the Faustian Spirit

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved