Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Yesterday evening I was working a customers site and had about an hour to burn.(the LD Carrier and Telco hadn't got there circuits straight.) Nothing to do but wait. While waiting, I noticed that the MIS office had a shelf full of books(always the case). I started savouring Pring these, so I asked if I could read some books while I waited. I grabbed 3 books on subjects that I wanted to delve into and went to an empty office and sat down in front of a desk(Hope Mark Chou doesn't mind, it was his desk )
The books, about 700 pages average of the 3, took me about 15 minutes each. I went through the first 3 steps in PRWMS. Spent only a minute or 2 on each of the first 2 steps, the photoread the book.

Between books, I spent about 1 minute to 2, while I checked if there was any progress with work.

When starting the second book, I felt a, well, throbbing, pulsating, ondulating(?!?) feeling on the rear left corner of my brain.
(I've posted on something similar before, here, http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001755.html

This was a different feeling though. I noticed it and kept right on going. It was there until some minutes after Pring book 3.

LD and Telco couldn't get there act together so I left and thought about this on my 1 hour 45 minute drive home... alot of time to think and meditate

Hope some of you all have some input on this....

That feeling, or any feeling like it, it believed to be the subconscious building neuro pathways and learning how to treat information in these vast amounts differently. Your brain probably wasn't used to that, so it had to adapt, and in doing so it created that sensation.

Have you ever noticed how when learning something really new and complex in school, you might have a difficult time with it...but then after you've finally gone through all these weird mistakes, it suddenly comes together and your head feels like it's exhausted? PhotoReading is sort of like this at times, but the difference is your brain is handling it in a relaxed, effecient manner.

If you ever feel light headed because of it, just grab a bottle of water, and chill out for a few minutes.

The first time I PhotoRead a book, I had a similar sensation, and it was very intense. I still remember that first one right after the PhotoReading book itself...Decoding Your Dreams by Robert Langs. That thing was a good, relaxing read. I should go out and get that book...

Anywho, just my input.

Interesting. I've had that feeling too, but I thought it was just because I was enjoying the process and my brain was liberating endorphines or somewhat.

I'd like to read more about this. If someone feels like sharing their knowledge about it, please do so.

Bye!

I get it also... What a surprise!!! It got REAL active when I decided to PR 20ebooks one night about networking and computer stuff... I set my computer refresh rate up and held down the pagedown while the pages flashed across the screen... I don't get that feeling much anymore, maybe I got used to the feeling or some other reasons... Anyone else get the feeling and then it just kind of disappears?

It must be for new photoreaders. I am new and I get a sensation, not quite like the ones posted though. I have a bit of a numbing sensation on the whole right side of my body. That sensetion only gives me conifidence that the system is working for me and so I just keep relaxed and reading. I never really thought about it because I was always in ALS when I experianced it and I figured it was just part of the wonders of PHR.

x Offline

I have had that feeling a few times. The first time I photoread the Cubase VST manuals (900 pages or so), the time I PR'd the Microsoft Encarta Dictionary, when I PRd Atlas Shrugged (I really should have rapidread it afterwards, I never did activate that book), and the first time I did a syntopic read (6 books on Game Theory). I have a feeling I'm going to have it again because I'm gearing up for some Direct Learning in different subjects next month.

I always thought it was like the adrenaline rush you get when you catch your second wind during exercise.

I don't get a throbbing headache, but a runner's high type feeling. Of course, that could be the Hot Cocoa and Caramel Brownie that I always eat at Barnes and Noble.

No seriously, I do get a feeling of incredible calm, kinda like after you meditate for a few minutes.

Also, maybe it's the defocusing thing, but when I look up after photoreading I'm kinda spaced out (duh). Ive almost ran into people when walking out of the bookstore.

Humphrey www.not5150.com

5 books this week (slow week)

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved