Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Everyone,

A friend asked me to look at a program she purchased, called EyeQ from http://www.infmind.com/

I was wondering if any of you has used it? I had a really quick look and it seems to help you to widen your visual focus, and the exercises take few minutes a day.

I was wondering if this program would be beneficial for those of us who are slow readers and have not yet really started the photo reading course.

Thanks
Sincerely
Acey Gaspard

acey@mastersoft.ca www.atouchofbusiness.com

Administrator
Administrator

The skills that you already have are enough to learn photoreading.

Products like EyeQ can probably be a fun way to widen your focus. It would probably help your photoreading skills and at the same time just using photoreading at every opportunity will also improve your photoreading skills so EyeQ could be a detour on the path to improving your Photoreading skills.

If you consider EyeQ as another toy then it could be a fun way to add to your photoreading skills.

If you really want to improve your photoreading skills... Photoread more just for the fun of it

Alex

I purchased the EyeQ CD program about 35 days ago. When I first tested my WPM, it was an embarrassing 210 words per minute. I am now at 900 words per minute with about an 85% comprehension.

Two weeks ago, I received the Photoreading Whole Body system. I read it last week and tried it for the very first time this weekend. After 20 years of graduating from high school, I decided to go back go college this semester. I had to read a total of 247 pages for a government class test I took last night. I photoread the material Friday night. Saturday morning, I began speed-reading the same material (using what I learned from the EyeQ program). I would read for about 20-25 minutes then take a break. I did not take any notes AT ALL which is a big thing for me because I have always taken notes as I read. This behavior caused me to read even slower. I went along with my normal chores and took the test last night. It was 50 questions, multiple choice and T/F questions. I scored a 86!

To compare this, the first test I took in the same class, I studied for a much longer period of time over 2-3 week period and guess what, I scored an 86. I'm not sure what all this means but I have got to tell you, using the EyeQ in conjunction with the Photoreading, it's like having the best of both worlds.

I will be digging deeper into Photoreading and plan to attend a seminar in Houston in September. By then, I should have by PR skills at a higher level.

In conclusion, I think you will benefit for using both systems.

Cheers!

Ernie...
Houston, Texas

Okay, FYI, it's PhotoReading the Whole MIND System

Do what you can. I don't recommend incorporating speed reading into PRWMS. Rapid reading is fine and less stressful for me. My eyes tend to feel tired after speed reading, but rather relaxed after a good session of rapid reading. If you are using better stat to play the same game of course there will be benefits. Seek more and practice PRWMS whenever you can.

Try diverging your eyes as you walk down a hallway. See how much more you can notice by looking farther into the distance. That will help you to break the habbit of seeing with hardfocus.

Time for a "car" analogy.

Image you and a dozen of your friends go to see a movie at the Mall of America. All of you parked your cars within the several stories of parking ramps.

The movie is over. All of you walk back out to the parking ramps.

Using speed reading would be the equivilent of starting at the 1st parking ramp and running past every single car beginning-to-end, top to-bottom until you come upon your own car.

Using PhotoReading is the equivilent of first seeing all of the cars on each level, then, each of you walking directly to where your car is parked.

Or, at the grocery store... speed reading would have you quickly look at the label of every single product on every shelf beginning to-end, instead of looking above and going directly to the isles that contain everything on your list.

Why teach your brain to "cram in" one chunk at a time, then re-teach your brain to absorb all within your peripheral vision where you can then hard-focus on what you really want and need.

[This message has been edited by Dana Hanson (edited March 04, 2003).]

HEHE... regards to a WAY earlier comment... Someone said that they rather not have Books floating around in their subconcious, I think it was MADS. I don't see why not? Keeps the brain active and is fun for the brain.
Eat eat, eat eat, eat eat V.S. EAAAATTTT!

if you didn't get Dana's analogy.

maybe u shudd fotoread books on memory.

LOL. That would be funny. Brain memorizing to memorize. hehehe

I have just ordered EyeQ and have already completed the PhotoReading Tape series. I would think the EyeQ would be very helpful for the Rapid Read step.

I have another question since I am new at Photo Reading. Do you eventually get to the point where you get automatic activation, or do you still have to manually activate?

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved