Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35401 03/05/03 12:25 AM

According to Webster's dictionary, there are two definitions of the word fascism:
1 : often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control early instances of army fascism and brutality

Now to say that the revoking of a post, reply or several posts or replies conforms to the defintion listed above is quite a stretch by any imagination. Especially, regarding the fact that this forum is the very representation of LSC, the management of this forum can add, edit, change, replace, delete or any way you slice or dice it, they have that perogative. If you wish to exert your outlandish and obfuscating political agendas, then by all means; register your own domain name, construct a web site, find a host for that web site, add a discussion onto that site and portray your beliefs in any light that you wish. But, until then keep them to yourself.

#35402 03/06/03 06:54 AM
OP Offline

Who is this that speaks without knowing of what he is pointing to? I never said that LSC was fascist. I understand why my politically-motivated speech was removed, and I said that in my post. It is the activity of your mind to fantasize the connection between my stance on fascism and the LSC Authority. My text was subversive, but its aim was to provoke freer thought by antagonizing the otherwise atrophied minds which we call American. I critized our government for its fascist-tendencies. If you would like a copy of my original post, which examines, preliminarily, the tentacles of this operation I would be happy to email it to you. I feel that the connection between our government, and how we choose to think is deep, and essential. The rise of popularity for a regime-- the Bush administration-- which so eagerly, yet ineptly, disguises fascist intentions with catch-phrases and double-takes, with plenty of smoke and mirrors to boot, illustrates the type of vulnerability to constricted thinking which I have spent my time here trying to abolish. The only real way to improve our intelligence is to apply it to our situations-- although I laud LSC for their willingness to hand us a variety of tools, I think that applying them to our situation leads to the type of discourse I presented. I also think that more emphasis on philosophy, epistomology, and the cultivating of Semantic Hygiene through General Semantics, needs to occur along with the tapping of creative potentials they offer. Your misinterpretation of my position, and reliance on the "authority" of the Websters dictionary, represents the type of mal-evaluations General Semantics would purge from the realm of discourse.

Hammer-Faustus

#35403 03/05/03 09:15 PM

If you would like a copy of my original post, which examines, preliminarily, the tentacles of this operation I would be happy to email it to you. I feel that the connection.

You can send that particular post to psulionhearted@hotmail.com

#35404 03/08/03 01:19 AM
x Offline

?!?!?

carry on...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved