Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35598 03/18/03 05:14 AM
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline

Okay,

I've thoroughly master the accelerative learning state, relaxation, etc., and can easily get into it with the anchors, but that is slightly detrimental, because occasionally, I'll accidentally fire off one of the anchors, or somehow get into the state--or deeper, Theta even.

Does anyone know of any techniques to wake up/ get into beta besides physical exercise?

Administrator
Administrator

If you created a anchors to get into to get yourself into deeper states you can create an anchor to be at beta... usually it is the reminder that you will be wide awake feeling fine etc when you've finished the work at the deeper states.

Alex

A technique called Bellows breathing is a good way to get you to beta fast. With your mouth closed and relaxed, hold the tip of your tongue against your inner gums above your upper front teeth while you quickly breathe in and out through your nose. Breath short, even, aggressive bursts of air. Use this technique for about 15-30 seconds, or really as long as needed (although if you feel like you're about to faint, it's probably time to stop).
-Dylan

So, in other words - you become a dog for those 15-30 seconds? Where do you hear about Bellows breathing?

LOL.

Hey, I think I know by now how Alpha feels like ( relaxed, alert, less distractive thoughts.)... But how does Theta and Delta "feel" like? I think I hit Theta once or twice when I sat around and closed my eyes. Anyone care to explain?

Theta is that deep slightly drowsy feeling with imagery unrelated to what you were just thinking about. Sometimes auditory or kinesthetic, not just visual. Usually becomes inevitable after several years or less of meditation. State between wakefulness and sleep. More profound than alpha. Who wants to go to beta anyway? Thats where all the trouble starts.

Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline

When listening to a speaker, and one of your anchors fire off, and you end up in deep theta, trust me, you'll want to either wake up or go to sleep.

How about playing football in theta?

But yes, theta is very important and useful at CERTAIN times.

Delta is deep sleep usually except when it is encountered in meditation. Very profound thoughtless state difficult to anchor tho because you dont want to move even if you have some consciousness left. Such a narrow band of brainwaves, hard to hit intentionally. If you can anchor the other 3 states,Alfa,theta, beta, you are a mench my friend, and a zen master to boot.

Bellows breathing is a yoga technique. I found it in an article that mentioned it's source as Dr. Andrew Weil's "Eight Weeks to Optimum Health".

-Dylan

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved