Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kenji Offline OP
OP Offline

Does anyone know? I want to drop to the Theta state because thats where the true wealth of unbelievable human power is if you can model it correctly but first, we must drop into the Theta state. I've been deeply relaxed before but I have never had true confirmations that I was in the Theta, Beta, Delta, or Aplha states. I know being relaxed is when I am in one of those states but to what degree of me being relaxed would position our minds to the Theta state? Is it at all possible to feel that you are in either of those states? Once this is answered and I understand how to sense within myself to detect droping into the Theta State I will explain on subconsicous redesign that I learned and give you the steps that will astound you just as equally as when you learned the art of Photoreading.

I don't think it really matters if you're in Alpha, and Theta, because both states can work pretty much just as well, and can be used for generally the same purposes. All states have to do with hertz, so unless you get some equipment that tells how many hertz your brain is operating on at any given time, you'll just have to rely on the tension you can feel in your body, and the alertness you may be aware of within your waking state.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587

Kenji, if you are interested in attaining theta, you should read the book "Awakening the Mind" by Anna Wise.

Brainwave states aren't necessarily as simple as they sound. The first thing to understand is that right now, you have brainwaves resonating in all 4 states. Most are probably beta, but that doesn't mean you don't have brainwaves in Alpha, Theta, and Delta as well. Also, these 4 states are merely general categories for the hertz of your brainwaves. So having most of your brainwaves at around 8 hz, you would technically be in Theta, but a much lighter theta than if most of your brainwaves were at 4 hz, which is probably the theta you are referring to if you are talking about restructuring your subconscious.

To do any "work" while in theta, it's generally a good idea to be conscious of it. This means you will also need to have a certain amount of BETA brainwaves active during your time in theta. For example, you pass through low theta every night before you fall asleep, but probably don't remember it. If you've ever had pre-sleep visualizations (called "hypnagogic" dreams) that's a good example of how you pass through low theta before hitting sleep.

If you want to experiment in the theta state without having to practice meditation(although I highly recommend it) or buy an EEG(which will really show you how complex all of this really is!) I suggest the following:
1. Capitalize on the time spent inbetween sleeping and waking, and experiment with the hypnagogic state. This can be done both after just waking up, or right before you fall asleep.
2. Learn to lucid dream. Tests have shown that while lucid dreaming, both Theta and Beta are very active. I highly recommend Stephen Laberge's book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming"
3. Self-Hypnosis is a method of reaching low theta. I haven't tried this myself, but some have reported success with it. There is a wealth of information available on the internet and elsewhere.
4. Drop some acid, eat some shrooms, and chomp some peyote. No, I'm kidding, I don't actually recommend this, but it is the basis of much interesting work done in many native south american cultures, as any Castaneda reader can tell you
Good luck, and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

-Dylan

I'm not sure how to enter theta through self-control, that is mentioned in Anna Wise's book. I have used the Cloudscapes Hemi-Sync program which is meant for theta entrainment. I also recognize the theta entrainment through the dream-like effect it creates. Because Hemi-Sync is such a reliable technology you could probably learn how it feels to be in theta through this program.

Dr. Brian Thompson has a few CD's and cassettes out called Brainwave Suite. He has one designed to go into the Theta state. I have found them rather useful. Music containing tibetan bowls can be very effective at getting into Theta states as well.
Be certain to avoid caffeine and make sure you are not overtired. (You'll go into nap world).

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved