Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
solarus Offline OP
OP Offline

I have a book I need to PR, it's for my financial test, the book is 500 pages, and it's divided in 10 chapters, at the end of each chapter there are quizzes of about 20 questions each.

Most of the writing is rather simple and most of it just needs to be memorized except when it gets to the chapter on financial math.

What would be the best way to approach it?

Go about going through it similar in the way you would go through a textbook. Treat each chapter as a book within itself, making each chapter a way to go through each one in the way that you would activate an entire book.

Use the quizzes as part of your purpose and mind probing questions. To top off each chapter at the end of your activation, do a mind map for the final conclusion. Then, after you're done with each chapter, redo your mind maps and clean them up.

Then, just look over them one last time before the test. As for the chapter on finacial math, take a little extra time with that one to learn it as a real mini-field and fully in-depth sort of skill. Figure out how it works, and create a visual display of its core concepts in your mind as you're going through them to determine how it works in a systematical and mechanical way.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587

solarus Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you youngprer, that's good advise!!

Let me second Yongprer on the financial math note, its much better for you to study the theory then to memorize the machinery (step1 step2 etc.). As for the visual part i never really used them for math or science, when i took discrete structures in financial mathematics i used to imagine myself teaching the subject as the professor did and would let myself be interupted by any questions my "audience" had. Hope this helped, are you taking the discrete or continuous fin. math or just some accounting course?

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved