Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline

Miss Detective, I think you are wrong.

I thought of that before taking the test, so I made sure that they were not selling anything like that. What they sell is a report of what your score means. And no, you can’t score 130 as easily as you think. I took the test again, but now I answer them incorrectly. I got an IQ of 70 by doing this, so I don’t think that your hypothesis is accurate.

Why don’t you give the test a try? You’ll be surprised.

If they were trying to sell you something to make you smarter, don’t you think it will be a good idea to lower scores?

quote:
Originally posted by Kaiden:
OK, here's the scoop.

They're trying to sell you something.

Everyone is inclined to believe they have above average IQ. This "test" gives you the "pace."

Of course, you want to be smarter, don't you? That's the "lead." They are trying to [b]sell you their IQ-increasing program.

Almost everyone who takes the test scores in the 130's.[/B]

Bah. The only way to get an accurate iq test, is to sit down with a professional for about 5-7 hours and answer some of the most outrageous questions i have ever heard of. I recently took this test about a year ago, and scored a 132, where as on all of these online tests, i score 110-140.

I am fairly recent to these boards, and have not *successfully* photoread any books so far. I plan to be putting more time into this, and hope to get as much info from these boards as possible.

Being pretty young myself, i am curious as to what you think about how photoreading results differ depending on age.

Give age. I'm 17

lol, 15 here.

This test means nothing, i score all over the place on these exams 128,145,135,169, etc. etc. this one was a 145 (i took it awhile ago, and a friend of mine scored 138 who is def at least as smart as me)

quote:

"Nah, photoreading is supposed to tap into resources of the brain that are rarely used by the average person. When scientists studied the brains of geniuses like Einstein immediately after they died, they found little difference in the structure compared to an average brain except for numerous connections between neurons of certain portions."

This is incorrect. Even people with brain damage use 100% of their brains. What these scientists found is that there's a slightdifference between average folk and those wish above average intelligence; they have better hardware. The main thing about Einstein was his beefy temporal lobes, which play a large part in spatial awareness/reasoning. Photoreading Idiot:Isaac Newton as Honda ricer:Porshe 911

When you're born, the activated genes in your DNA tell your body how to grow. As your nervous system is being developed, you get a nice big release of neurons in your fontanelles as the "brain highway" takes shape. Better genes = better transit system.

Anyway, this test HAS to be bogus. Nearly every person who has replied here has gotten a score 30 points above standard intelligence (100) in the classic yet erroneous (mental/physical)x100 age model. Either this proves shcools have started creating students to look smart on paper, or Kaiden was correct in assuming the creators of said tests intend on selling the gullible folk who take these a "professional" version.

If you want to know how smart you aren't, pay a psychometrist to give you the Wonderlic, the Stanford-Binet, and the Wexler.

Do you realize that the unconscious--the sidebands of awareness--pick up and "record" everything you've ever saw, heard, felt, tasted or smelt? Clearly not everyone is using 100% of their brain. I challenge you to try some of Dr. Wenger's methods at www.winwenger.com which demonstrate the very powerful abilities you have and how everyone has genius abilities.

And yes, I beg to differ with you, it was NOT a difference in size, with Einstein's brain--it was a difference in the amount of synapses--connections between neurons.

Also, about the iq test--first, iq tests are anything but the best. Secondly, of course everyone here on this board is going to be above average! Everyone here is really smart--even to be interested in PR'ing shows they are interested in knowledge and how they think.

Face it, perhaps were more intelligent than you are, but who cares? You can increase your intelligence easily.

120 age 17...

krisk, go read a book on how logic/lingual IQ is measured, please....

and Arthur, it was both. Please go read one of the half a dozen books on Einstein's brain....I think it's still touring that country with Dr. Thomas Harvey, the eccentric 84-year-old pathologist who's hung on to the damn thing ever since he swiped it from the autopsy.

As for "our brains picking up everything we ever sense" this is most certainly NOT the case. There is a FINITE amount of data the average human brain can hold, believed to be around one terabyte. Considering at least a quarter of that space is taken up with what you need to get by on a daily basis, this leaves very little room for "subliminally memorizing" the library of congress.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved