Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36170 04/13/03 08:34 AM
Jeabp Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been interested in PR for about 3 years and during which photoread and only photoread every book I reagular read before reading it. I think i have continius results that it helps to do this. However my problem is Activation. I have never really done this. I think it is because I'm afraid i will be disappointed and find out I am not capable. Do you have any advise?

jeanette

#36171 04/13/03 11:30 AM
Administrator
Administrator

If you are capable of regular reading you can activate.

Give yourself permission to fail. As long as you avoid activating you haven't really benefitted from the photoreading system.

Try this. Find a book that you haven't read. Do the steps, Prepare, Preview, Photoread affirm, then let the book incubate 20 minutes. During the incubation time let yourself come up with one question that you would like the author to tell you about the subject of the book. Write the question down.

Now just search the book for the answer to that question, use the index, contents page to direct you to the likely place where you will find the answer. Give yourself 20 to 30 minutes with the book to find that answer using superreading and dipping.

A couple of tips. Turn subheads and chapter headings into questions if you don't know where to start. Then just go for it. Have fun with it and think of it like a treasure hunt. Over time your skill at finding the authors gems gets faster and faster .

The basis of activation is finding what you want to know from the author in the shortest possible time. Ironically you cannot fail. You just need to allow your first few activation to require more layers (or activation passes) That is actually a good thing. It builds your activation skills with practical practice.

Set a timer and just for the fun of it see what you can find in the book in say 20 minutes.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved