Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi I have several questions.

When I PR now, I just totally skipped the first few steps, including the tangerine techniques. I don't preview or try to get into the accelerated learning state. I just simply start to PR the book. And when I finish PR, I don't try to do that affirmation thing. I figured that affirmation is only for those who still have doubts about whether this PR system works at all. I am a believer in this system, so I don't see the need to do it. For those who have been using PR for a while and is pretty proficient at it, do you think its advisable for me to skip all these steps though? Could that explain why I dont' seem to have the success that other people are having with this system?

Secondly, I am not sure if I am correctly PRing as the way the author told me to do. Am I suppose to look at the blip page, or look at the four edges of the book or look at the X? I have recently been trying to photoread by imagining a car running along the four edges of the book. Would this work?

Third, when I PR, I eventually start to notice that the text seems to be brighter. It is as if there are lights illuminating the book from the bottom. Does anyone notice this effect? Is this a sign that I am doing it right?

Lastly, I PR the same materials a lot to study for school. Is PRing the same material redundant or does it help me learn better? Would you recommend PRing the same materials?

Okay, that's it. Thanks for your help

Look into your shadow,
the answers lie at your feet.
Look at your feet,
you missed the light.
You only see shadows...

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited April 17, 2003).]

OP Offline

HUH?!?!?!?!?!??!?! Aiyoweiya. Wo3 Teen Boo4 Dong3 lah!

[This message has been edited by chuckiecow (edited April 17, 2003).]

Wo3 Dong Lah, Ta men bu toon ya,

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited April 17, 2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by chuckiecow:
Hi I have several questions.

When I PR now, I just totally skipped the first few steps, including the tangerine techniques. I don't preview or try to get into the accelerated learning state.

Would you say you're relaxed well, if not going into the accelerative learning state?

quote:

I just simply start to PR the book. And when I finish PR, I don't try to do that affirmation thing. I figured that affirmation is only for those who still have doubts about whether this PR system works at all. I am a believer in this system, so I don't see the need to do it.

The affirmation is not to help you believe in the system, but has more to do with your starting PURPOSE(I hope you had this, because you didn't mention it). It's to close your purpose with an affirmation that allows your mind to better sort out the PhotoRead information.

quote:

For those who have been using PR for a while and is pretty proficient at it, do you think its advisable for me to skip all these steps though? Could that explain why I dont' seem to have the success that other people are having with this system?

Skipping the Preview is one thing, but I would advise against skipping the prepare, which can be very helpful. The Preview step is used so you can easily find trigger words to look for, and sort of give your mind some 'presets' as to what it's going to be looking for later.

quote:

Secondly, I am not sure if I am correctly PRing as the way the author told me to do. Am I suppose to look at the blip page, or look at the four edges of the book or look at the X? I have recently been trying to photoread by imagining a car running along the four edges of the book. Would this work?

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on what your definition is of 'a car running along the four edges of the book' is. It also depends, on what your reaction to that definition is. What exactly is occuring with your actions in accordance with your vision of a car running along the four edges of the book? Are you following it directly, are you seeing the center of a block, and it's cruising around it, or what?

If you're wanting to use the X technique, imagine two red lines crossing from the bottom left to the top right, and the bottom right, to the top left.

-youngprer

Administrator
Administrator

You skip the tangerine technique????

Have you got the system working as is?

The tangerine technique is to get your mental state ready for reading. It triggers appropriate brain pattern response to speed up your abilty to comprehend,read faster and smoother.

With practice getting into the accelerative learning state is just a matter of taking a deep breath noting your purpose and then going for it. However it is wise to have trained your mind with the affirmations to this point. I find it useful from time to time to redo the full steps of entering the accelerative learning state (affirmations and all) just to reinforce the photoreading skill.

quote:
Could that explain why I dont' seem to have the success that other people are having with this system?

You are skipping too many of the key steps already. How many books have you applied the full technique to? The tangerine technique speeds up your regular reading. It is a matter of placing your focus at the back of your head. It does trigger appropriate brain activity... why skip it.

How many times have you entered the accelerative learning state? You seem to prefer to skip the relaxed state of focused attention. Yes the 3 to 1 and affirmations are triggers and you get faster at it. But it really is worth the one or two minutes training yourself to enter that state at will.

Your focus should be in the crease of the book. Allowing your vision to soften so that you notice the blip page as well as being able to notice the white spaces and edges of the book. That way if you lose the blip page you can continue to just notice the white spaces and edges of the book and continue to turn the pages in rhythm to the chant.

When the text seems to grow in clarity yes you are in correct photofocus. The tangerine, affirmations and purpose remain a requirement for developing the activation skills.

PR your study material as often as you want. It is often suggested that you photoread school or study material once a day for 2 weeks or so. The photoreading step can be repeated on any one book as often as you want. It's up to you to consider if photoreading a book at 5 minutes a day for a month is worth it or if photoreading it once and activating it fully in 30 minutes is better use of your time.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited April 18, 2003).]

Skipping steps is fine, I skip steps all the time, but NOT in the beginning. Let me make this clear to all you newbies--when I talk about skipping steps I mean ONLY once you have mastered the system. If you skip too many steps in the beginning your brain will revolt. Please read "Climbing the Ladder of PR'ing" at www.geniusbydesign.com

HAHAHA...in the beginning... How long have you had this arthur?

"The preview step is absolutely necessary in the beginning. Remember, if you make too many assumptions or skip too many levels, the squelcher will retaliate."

HEHEHE

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited April 18, 2003).]

Had what? the article? PR'ing? I've been PR'ing for 9 months now...the article is good..

The squelcher is in "The Einstien Factor". The squelcher blocks out most of the ideas/images whatever you want to call it from our subconcious mind and makes it hard for us to recieve that "ingenius insight".

[This message has been edited by Aaron (edited April 19, 2003).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved