Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36392 04/24/03 05:35 AM
Pepprr Offline OP
OP Offline

When I first tried the tangerine method, I totally got there. It was great. I haven't been able to get there since! Can anybody recommend other tecniques or methods to increase the accelerated learning state? It's so bad that I've thought about getting the "Ideal State" program from Learning Strategies, but I have no more money left! Please advise.

#36393 04/23/03 08:10 PM

Pepprr, try doing a search (available on the Discussion Forum home Page) on the forum for Tangerine - you may find some help.

JohnH

#36394 04/23/03 10:21 PM

I use a technique that I call the Little Birdie technique... I had a "little birdie" several years back that used to fly around the house and land on the back of my head. It produced a slight tickling or scratching sensation that's hard to forget. I start there and kind of project a pyramid from there, through my eyes and on to the book. The tangerine, being just a plain old object, didn't do anything for me.

#36395 04/23/03 10:51 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Just remember to actually touch the top back part of the head when you do the tangerine technique. It helps to throw your attention there, gives you a physical sensation and becomes a trigger when you think of the tangerine technique. Doesn't cost anymore, just practice. If you did it once you can do it again.

Same with the Acclerated Learning State, do the three to one countdown, say the affirmations and purpose, get into the focus each time you phorotread. Its becomes a trigger and you will reach a point when you know you are there with just a deep breath and intending to photoread. At first you need to practice all the steps just to get the intentions focused.

For both the tangerine and the Acclerated Learning State you will find it feels different each time. First time can often be very intense and you're looking for that experience again. It's fine if the experience seems less intense. You're doing it right when you practice the using all steps for a while and just trust your'intentions'.

Alex

#36396 04/24/03 07:58 PM

Imagine reading the book...Words fly to the tangerine, the sensation of words piercing your emotions and memory banks to really make a LASTING impression.

#36397 04/25/03 01:10 AM

i dont think ive ever gotten into that state. I just try to relax and go ahead with the rest of it. I may be missing the whole photoreading step and just see the blip on every page but no more than that, and then continue to skim the book real fast a few times till I know somewhat what its about, but thats the best ive been able to do so far. I just have the book and not a full study course, due to money of course, and so I dont get quite the same kind of help as everyone who has tapes.

#36398 04/25/03 01:19 AM

Relax, it's that simple.

Tension is hard, that ACCUALLY takes energy and effort.

Your fine. 100% can be a goal, but not recommended by me. Tapes are good for relaxing, standardized 5min PRing session. Just get some relax music, or sit down and close your eyes and not think for 5mins.

After, PRed. It's that simple, beside dude, if you attempt all the stesp, you should be somewhere nice right now heading towards your new goals.

#36399 04/25/03 08:35 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by superman857:
i dont think ive ever gotten into that state. I just try to relax and go ahead with the rest of it. I may be missing the whole photoreading step and just see the blip on every page but no more than that, and then continue to skim the book real fast a few times till I know somewhat what its about, but thats the best ive been able to do so far. I just have the book and not a full study course, due to money of course, and so I dont get quite the same kind of help as everyone who has tapes.

For the most part you still feel like yourself. The tangerine works best if you actually touch the top back of your head. Then imagine the tangerine floating there. The touch and the sensation there becomes the trigger. Use the tangerine technique when you superread and dip. It makes a difference.

Alex

#36400 04/25/03 02:23 PM

I've never been able to perform the tangerine technique. So instead, I take a deep breath and slowly close my eyes, then roll my eyes upwards towards the ceiling for a few seconds. Then when I slowly open them, I'm in the alpha state.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved