Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

Prediction or Overcoming Activation Difficulties

I get an excellent article, wrote by AlexK and also mentioned in KWLees last article (bibliography). TY, AlexK. Well done.

For me it is a thing, i waited for. Very useful is that 7-steps-strategy for using / building prediction.

I think, the earlier you get a feet in the book, the earlier it gels.
And Step 4 of the strategy “Activate first the glossary” shows for me this ideal entrance to a book. Much more better, than the table of contents.

I would heartfully recommend this article to all photoreaders with activation difficulties.

Prediction of content and structure seems to me as the key to activation. It seems, as it starts the "self-explanation-engine"

And .... Guessing is a tool, what proficient readers like Alex seems to do naturally.

DO YOU GUESS TOO?

See you later, Photorater.

[This message has been edited by Schummel (edited May 05, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator

Schummel had begged me for a copy. I had asked him if he found it useful and should I offer it up on the forum. He said yes, I had just posted on the forum and needed to leave to keep an appointment. So when he offered to mention it on the forum I accepted his offer.

Thanks Schummel.

So if anyone is interested in the article Schummel mentioned please email me for a copy. The other articles are still available too.

I wrote the article because I discovered that I was doing this naturally on an internal level

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited May 05, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator

If anyone wants to receive any of my earlier articles along with this Article, please let me know which ones you would like.

Questions
Memory Loss during Exams
Note Making

The latest article,
Predicting; The factor that Influences Comprehension...

Alex

Alex,
I liked your article on "predictions" as pertaining to PR'ing. I find that it makes perfect sense. It answers a bunch of questions i didn't even know i had about this stuff. I think I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good clear perspective on the activation stage.
Bill

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, glad you found it useful.

Alex

Great article AlexK!

Hello All. I've only recently started the Photo Reading Home Study Course and I've been "ghosting" around on these boards for a few weeks.

The discussion of the article by AlexK has intrigued me enough to actually register and post.

Thus, as my first post I'd like to request a copy of "Predicting; The factor that Influences Comprehension..."

And since I'm here, I'll take a moment to let you all know that I'm honored to be among you and thank you for the encouragement I've received ALREADY.

Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

The article has been sent.

Alex

Yeah, what AlexK said, Hello and welcome to the forum!

Good luck in your PR'ing endeavours!

Article? I need one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved