Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36617 05/08/03 02:40 PM
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline

AlexK--Great article! Let me add my two cents!

I think that the PR'ing step and the previewing step help us to predict better as we read.

Something you might want to try is to ImageStream on the question "What is an image which will make everything in this book (or lecture) come together and make good sense to me?" BEFORE the PR'ing step, but after the purpose.

Just a short ImageStream with one or two images. Remember what the image(s) was/were as you PR and activate the rest of the book. It works on fiction and non-fiction.

That alone will triple your comprehension of a book and increase your speed.

For more info, check out www.winwenger.com/predict.htm

#36618 05/09/03 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arthur:
Something you might want to try is to ImageStream on the question "What is an image which will make everything in this book (or lecture) come together and make good sense to me?" BEFORE the PR'ing step, but after the purpose.

Just a short ImageStream with one or two images. Remember what the image(s) was/were as you PR and activate the rest of the book. It works on fiction and non-fiction.

Of what relevance is this to AlexK's article?

quote:
Originally posted by Arthur:

That alone will triple your comprehension of a book and increase your speed.

On what basis do you make this claim? Have you experienced this?

#36619 05/10/03 02:24 PM

<--- predicted the essay topics for AP exam. =) Thanks Arthur

#36620 05/10/03 03:11 PM
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline

anyname--it seemed to be related to me. AlexK talks about predicting, this is predictive images. But who cares if it's related or not--it works great!

Go Chang!

First time I did this I was utterly amazed--the image was a totally relevant one, but I had no previous knowledge of it!

High Thinktank is even more amazing. It is basically that you have about 6 or more questions on folded up pieces of paper. You choose the one that feels right--without looking at it--and ImageStream about the question (which you don't know).

You get the meaning from these images and then you look at the question. AMAZING! Your subconscious knows the question from the feel of the paper!

Check under CPS at winwenger.com

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved