Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I'm trying to learn Japanese. Are there any plans to create a EasyLearn Language tape for learning Japanese?

Hi Darkblood,

I too would like to see a Japanese program, however in the interim I'm going to try a Photoreading/Direct Learning approach.

I took Japanese several years ago in college and still remember quite a bit of it, so I'm going to dig out all my textbooks and dictionaries and go through them a few times. I'll be happy to keep you informed of my progress.

Mike

[BEGIN_Annoying_ME_TOO_Post]
Me Too!
[END_Annoying_ME_TOO_Post]

But seriously, I'd also like to see a Japanese easylearn series.

How is easylearn different from the topics audio learning courses? (The ones with ten tapes that they sell in CostCo for $15 - I've learned a lot of Spanish from just the first few tapes.) The structure sounds similar - foreign language phrase, english phrase, back and forth - what else does EL have to offer?

Otsukaresama desu.

If they don't do an "Easy Learn" for the language you want then try Pimsleur. It is the most innovative language learning system I have ever encountered.

[This message has been edited by Inchiki Gaijin (edited June 27, 2001).]

yup same here...i'd really like to improve my japanese past the average conversation level as well...i believe the direct learning + photoreading + dreamplay AND getting a jgf will help immensely..:-)

OP Offline

Right-o! Now what is Pimsleur, and what's their URL?

After doing some search on Yahoo I found this: http://www.pimsleur.com http://www.pluralitylanguage.com/

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

We have new publishing contracts in Japan.

The PhotoReading book, PhotoReading Personal Learning Course, Natural Brilliance book, and PhotoReading seminars materials will be released this fall and next year in Japan.

This fall we will begin publishing EasyLearn English in different languages. The first will be for Arabic speaking people, which is a huge market for us.

Japanese might come next summer. There are no firm plans, however.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved