Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kojo Offline OP
OP Offline

Interested if anyone has found success with the above formula.

Some people i know say nlp is practical you cant learn it from a text book you must actually physically use it.

I think this goes against the core principles of direct learning.

But they also say dont just talk about it (like i am doing here) do it, which i will (in the summer break)

anyway test it out or if you have already i would be grateful of any advice, experience etc.

This is somewhat analagous to trying to Direct Learn tennis. Yes, I can PR 100 books on tennis but until I go out and actually feel the racket hitting the ball, see the effect of forehand, backhand and spin, etc. I don't _really_ know anything about tennis.

NLP is experiental, as are most skills. Direct Learning can give you a good running start but until you actually experience it firsthand, it is a very pale, shallow kind of knowledge.

I have a stack of about 30 NLP books that I Direct Learned while getting my Practitioner Certification. In the intervening time at other seminars people were amazed at how well I understood the material. Now, two years later at the end of my Master Practitioner certification, everyone in the class wants to practice with me bacuse I understand the material very quickly and can apply it very precisely.

Do I think Direct Learning helped me? Yes - immensely. Would Direct Learning alone have been as effective? Abosolutely not.

Good luck learning NLP. Deciding to take the Practitioner course was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

kojo Offline OP
OP Offline

Cheers mike,
I really look forward to practising NLP and getting my practioner certification.

The way you described the knowledge you gained from direct learning answered my question. 'can you learn it with just books'. The learning isn't fully activated in your everyday life. So going to a training seminar, where you are personally trained in using techniques as client and as leader, can really activate the learning. Also giving you the experiental learning and a full sensory experience.

thanks again and good luck.

Hi kojo,

If you are planning to take an NLP Prac training, make sure you get the best. Because.... There are a lot of chickensh't NLP trainers out there. I know from my own bitter experience. I took both Prac and Master trainings from such a trainer. After the Master training I was in a terrible condition!!! I hate to think of it!

The only good thing that came of it was that I realised I have to do something else. So I went to London and took the Prac training at McKenna-Breen, with the one and only Richard Bandler. And learned a whole lot useful skills, like how to make me feel good, just for nothing! Just 3 weeks ago I took another training with RB, NLP Hypnosis, and hope to take more trainings in the future. These trainings I can recommend!!

So, before you take your training, check from John LaValle at http://www.purenlp.com, which trainers he recommends. Or train with Richard.

It's your life, make the most of it.

All the best, from purjo

Oh, by the way, you can't direct learn all of NLP from books. It's because the best and newest things are not in written form, and they can't be described comprehensively with ink on paper!!!!

The best way is to go to live training.

-purjo

p.s.... This is not to say, that you can't learn some NLP from books. Sure you can. You just can't learn the best and most effective NLP.

nlp is nothing without practising .

can you learn new language without practising ?????????

nothing is nlp without practising and it is realy waste of time if it is without practising

kojo Offline OP
OP Offline

The direct learning was mainly for pressupositions. These beliefs can apparently make us function more effectively. I guess you could just install them with the belief paraliminal tape to be sure all parts of you were congruent with them. Also behaviour like using the meta model could be fully installed with New Behaviour Generator.

I have been shoping around and found nlp seminars that sound useful. I thought I'd post them so you dont think im going to get swindeled.

The first (probablly favourite) is DBM NLP intensive practioner training from sensory systems. DBM was created in the mid-80s by John McWhirter and stands for Developmental Behavioural Modelling and is a model that explains why change occurs. It also gives a methodology to NLP.

The second is ITS Practioner training. Both my parents did this and got good practical results. But its over four day weekends which will clash with college. Its also a dearer £1995

The third is The northern school of NLP which i believe is non-profit

thanks all for the advice and experience. I will really enjoy the NLP practioner training and enjoy the personal development and enriched photoreading it will bring.

All the best
Kojo

[This message has been edited by kojo (edited May 19, 2003).]

Hi Kojo,

I don't know which trainers are Ok. Check from www.purenlp.com As far as I remember, they have a list of trainers and companies on their site.

Good luck, -purjo

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved