Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36843 05/20/03 10:17 PM
OP Offline

I'm preparing for the LSAT which is a the
test to get into law school. I was thinking
of using super-reading, mind-mapping, and
tangerine technique during reading part of the test.
I have a kaplan book I'm using to prepare for
the test.
I've found it usefull to take breaks about
every half-hour during the test. Usually
I'll close my eye's and do the tangerine technique. And basically just relax.
Any other idea's? That's fine if your ideas
aren't even related to photo-reading, any input would be appreciated.

#36844 05/21/03 04:45 PM

the best preparation for the lsat is lots of practice exams...I'd recommend the Personal Genius paraliminal before studying... or even better, Natural Brilliance course to clear the blocks to your creative and analytical skills... you may also want to look at EFT (www.emofree.com) to help clear test anxiety.

Best wishes,

Robert

#36845 05/22/03 05:27 AM

Long time no see stace_45.

I don't know about the reading part of the LSAT, but what I remember from a friend doing it (about 20 years ago), was that practice was important. It wasn't a matter of can you answer the questions correctly, but how many can you answer correctly in the allowed time.

I would say search the forum for writing exams. There a couple of very good post by Dana detailing how to use accelerated learning techniques. I also know Dan (he's never around anymore) uses the techniques, all the time, to great success. I was talking to him yesterday and he score a 3.8 pg (95%) on his last exam.

Oh, Dan mentioned that he also uses the Personal Genius paraliminal.

Best of Luck,

Iam2

#36846 05/22/03 05:33 AM

Hey Dana, the exam question is very common. How about setting up a collection of threads for this topic in the Hop To list?

Just a thought.

Iam2

#36847 05/21/03 08:57 PM
OP Offline

I was working on the Reading Comprehension portion of the test today. First I did it without using photo-reading techniques, and just using the books methods and I got half of the questions right.

Then I did the tangerine technique and super-read and jotted a few things down and underlined as I saw fit.

I went through the questions and super-read where ever I felt like. I used my intuition to answer the question.

So basicaly I did everything on intuition and I got all of the questions correct.

I was debating wether I should read the questions first or super-read then read the questions and go back read were ever to fill in more details.

That was quite a magical experience for me.
Any input would be great, thanks.

#36848 05/24/03 04:08 PM

Hello, I am new to this forum and appreciate all the input. I have been using the photoreading whole mind system for about 2 months, with good results. It's really hard to imagine going back to the "old ways" of studying after experiencing this.

I am also studying for a "major" exam, step 1 of the USMLE. The PR techniques have already been a huge help for me in my medical school classes this past semester. Mindmapping has been particularly useful to help organize the huge volume of material.

Now the challenge for me is to put it all together like so many tiny pieces of a huge puzzle. I really wish I had these techniques during my first year of med school. I am now having to revisit Anatomy, Embryology, Histology, Microbiology, Biochem and Neuro, and in some cases it feels like I am starting from scratch again! But I have found that staying relaxed, restating my purpose in every study session, and looking for the major concepts first really helps.

I agree that practice questions are the best thing you can do to prepare for these types of exams. Most of all, be clear on your purpose before all photoreading and activating and you will get the most out of it. Maintaining a creative environment and attitude really helps too.

Best of luck to you on the LSAT, I'm sure you'll do great!

#36849 05/27/03 10:17 PM

I am preparing as well, but i am not sure if photoreading can be helpful beyond the relaxation and focusing techniques. On my first practice exam(the one with the catalog) i scored 164(my goal is 172+), mostly from games and reading comp, arguments are new to me. I find that reading philosophical journals, think-tank publications, and other analytical works is a great way to score higher on the reading comp. As for the games, they are just logic puzzles, the best approach is to work on puzzles harder than the ones appearing on exams (get a logic puzzle book) or competetion math problems (USAMO, IMO, AIME, ASHME,W.L Putnam Exam etc.). Good Luck.

P.S.- i photoread the section first, just for fun.

p.s.s- read online guides, for example www.soyouwanna.com

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved