Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36893 05/23/03 01:35 AM
OP Offline

i am sure this has been asked many times, but theres no way i am going to look through all the messages.

Can anyone say they use PR as a part of their everyday daily life, and seldom have problems retaining info?

I would really like to know.
thanksindavance

#36894 05/23/03 02:19 AM

Yes

#36895 05/23/03 04:41 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Sure we can use it on a daily basis. Usually I have no difficulty remembering what is important to me.

Memory depends on what you did to create it. If you're mindful of what you are doing when you put your keys down or park your car you'll remember that you did it. Same goes for when you activate your reading material, if you're mindful of the information that you are collection and making meaningful conscious associations then you have better recall. This is why mindmaps are so valuable. It requires you to be mindful of the information that you collect.

The conscious memory is basicly short term memory, it hold 5 to 9 bits of information if you gloss over the information too quickly without making an association for the long term memory to pick up, then, it is forgotten as soon as you need to forget in order to have another short term thought.

If you draw a mind map you are actively creating longer term memory of the information.

Will you still forget it? If you don't need the information and have no need to access it thus keeping the pathways active then you will forget it. It's a case of use the memory or lose it... based on importance. Afterall how important is it to you to know what you had for breakfast a year ago today?

Alex

#36896 05/23/03 10:28 PM

Yeah, what AlexK said, OF COURSE you can! I do!

On another note, though, there is really no such thing as "forgetting," sure, maybe you can't consciously remember where your keys are, but unconsciously you know exactly where they are.

It is much the same for PR'ing. We flip through the WHOLE book, and we cannot consciously "remember" it, but it's all there, unconscious, waiting to get out.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved