Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I began to read some of the basic articles, but i find that i am missing some background information. I want to know where i can get a good,through,introduction to G.S.. I am hoping for the name of a book or(inclusive) a list of sites. Thanks in advance.

OP Offline

I re-read your initial post on G.S. i realized you gave me the name of an author. Sorry, but incase you have something to add anyway my e-mail is TabulaRasa83@aol.com

The 'original' General Semantics thinker was Count Alfred Korzybski, who wrote Science and Sanity. If you want a book that should come first on your list. I believe that most of the pertinent information you can find on their website, though; you apparently have discovered that. Also, Robert Anton Wilson wrote a fairly interesting introduction to E-Prime which you can find on his website at www.rawilson.com. If you have any more questions about General Semantics you can email me, the tab on these boxes ought to work and I shall try to answer them. I think that you should keep in mind that, as they say somewhere on the site, Aristotle himself wrote and thought about states of Being with great precision. I believe that General Semantics serves the same purpose, in spite of the non-aristotelian moniker, by getting us to question our assumptions at all times when we use To Be in predication and in identity. If you'll allow my presumptiveness I would say that "is" the most important lesson to learn from them. Anyways, I wish you well.

KO

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved