Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#36994 06/04/03 11:46 PM
iamog Offline OP
OP Offline

Howdy,
Well I am going to get off my butt and start photoreading again. Tomorrow night I don't have to work, so my plan is to do the first 3 steps with a baby preview and a more extensive postview. There are about a dozen or so books I plan on doing. Some are related, some not. Some are important to me and so not so important.

I am curious about others experience with doing an undertaking such as this. Did you have a lot of thought activity the following day? How about your dreams on that night? Did you get intuitive feelings which books were worth activating? Did you photoread "choice" books again to be thorough and isolate incubation/

I know bunches of questions, but hoping to eliminate trial by error process. I know many of you have developed techniques that are proven for yourselves and maybe I can learn and adapt from your experience.

Anxiously awaiting your replies with gratitude and thanks!

iamog

#36995 06/05/03 12:39 PM
Administrator
Administrator

I did some 40 books in 1 hour as an experiment. Of those books about 3 provided me with some spontaneous activation. My dreams were active as usual after photoreading nothing overwhelming just interesting.

Choice books I activated over athe following week. I think everyone is going to have a different experience since we use different text and have different goals. Mine was just to see how long it takes to photoread 40 books (just under an hour )

Alex

#36996 06/05/03 01:21 PM

AlexK,

Had you Photoflipped ... it would have taken all but 10 minutes!

LLL

Michael Saikali

#36997 06/05/03 01:38 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Yep but that wasn't my goal

Alex

#36998 06/05/03 03:27 PM

How many pages was that AlexK?
40 x 200 = 8000 ? You did that in just under an hour? That's about twice the rate at which I flip pages.

Also, I start to get tired at around 40 minutes of PRing, which caps a session at around 2400 pages. Now, maybe if I used the system more I would get past this...

Oh well time to get off my butt too. I'd like to go to retreat satisfied with my level of PRing.

#36999 06/05/03 03:42 PM
Administrator
Administrator

The books varied most averaged 300 pages couple were only 180 pages and other 2 were about 450 pages.

The idea is to just flip the pages at about one page every 2 seconds so that works out about one page per second. Permission to flip faster granted and that is actually why I did 40 books to get the page flipping into a faster rhythm. Most times my goal is to photoread 3 books and that totals about 10 minutes. Then I take breaks and do more later. Why labour it. One book at a time with a glass of water while changing pace for a short time is enough. If you feel obliged to Photoread more than one book because you're worried about getting into state... don't. If you've already spent 40 minutes in one session photoreading no doubt you've had other shorter ones too. You are already experienced enough to get into the photoreading state in 30 seconds anyway. If you feel you're not... act as if you are and just photoread one book here and there thoughout your day, (same book even).

Alex

#37000 06/05/03 06:52 PM

Dear Alex,

Weren't we told to do the preview and enter the accelerative learning state and state the purpose before photoread each book? If you just photoread the books without doing the steps above, will the effect be not gd?

#37001 06/05/03 08:02 PM

I was just curious at how fast you flip AlexK. Yeah, I get into state easily and usually stay their. I've notice that sometimes the page flipping naturally speeds up. In fact, at these times I feel best about the PR stage.

Most of the books I want to read are 600 to 2000 pages. So taking breaks on the bigger ones does happen.

Carl you don't have to do the system in all the steps. In fact, some variants are described in the course. Also you use what you need from the sytems depending on your purpose; like when direct learning.

Iam2

#37002 06/06/03 02:39 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Weter:
Dear Alex,

Weren't we told to do the preview and enter the accelerative learning state and state the purpose before photoread each book? If you just photoread the books without doing the steps above, will the effect be not gd?

I knew my purpose when I stacked up the books. It wasn't to activate all of them it was to find out if any were worth activating right now. At the end I had spontaneous activation on three of the books and found about 5 others that I decided to fully activate. My purpose was simply 'is there any information of interest to me in any of these books and what will happen if I photoread them all in one go?"

Once you feel you get satisfactory results using the steps as is you start exploring what happens if. If something works better for you (like reading upside down starting preview from the back or middle of the book) you just do that.

Remember that photoreading is a system - a collection of things to do that help you to get the comprehension you need, from the text in the time you have available.
One you know it works you begin experimenting to see what you can do to make it work better for you.

I flip as fast as the books allow me to keep a rhythm some books wind up a bit slower than others. Some I wind up just fanning while in photofocus a couple of times. Unfortunately library books are not very good for this they tend to be sticky, New books can work fairly well.

You know it must be difficult carrying books the weight of 2 reams of paper... I've never seen them that thick

Alex

#37003 06/06/03 01:16 PM

crazy... 40 books... what a hassle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved