Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37014 06/05/03 03:52 PM
OP Offline

When I photoread books like the Bible, Course in Miracles and other books with super-thin pages, the pages always stick together when I try to turn them rapidly. When I try to separate them in order to read each page, I tend to lose my focus state.

Is it better to just skip over three or four pages at a time to keep a steady pace... or try to read each and every page the first time through?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Robert

#37015 06/06/03 02:23 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I find it fairly easy to lift one page at a time using the regular turning method, fanning them they tend to stick more.

In any case you'll probably photoread these books more than once so missing a few pages on one particular pass doesn't make much difference you pick them up next time.

Alex

#37016 06/06/03 04:01 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Alex,

You're right. I think I'm just trying to turn (flip) the pages too fast the first time through.. and even if I do miss a few pages here or there... I'll pick it up in the super read/dip phase..

As always.. your responses on this forum are greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work. You're awesome!

Best wishes,

Robert

#37017 06/07/03 01:04 AM

I took the PhotoReading seminar, and the instructor told us to flip through the book from front to back, the normal way, and then turn it upside down and flip the pages from last page to first page.

We were told that the brain could automatically put all the information in the proper order.

Is there anyone else who does this, and have they seen any benefits of doing so?

#37018 06/07/03 01:13 AM

I was told the same thing Inquiringmind at a seminar also. I read it too I think in the book as well. I don't know imperically if it works, though some books in the past that were hard to handle the pages were much easier upside down and less frustrating. I felt as I activated that my flow state of anticipating the "future" cars of the "train" of thought of the author was just as good.

iamog

#37019 06/07/03 09:32 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I've photoread many books upside down and backwards. The idea didn't seem that odd to me because I was already able to regular read a book upside down.

I've even done it in libraries and bookstores to see how others might react. It's soooo easy to Photoread in libraries and bookstores. Everyone is soo busy in their own little worlds that they don't even see something that might break the paradigm for them. I've even sat on the floor in the local library mind mapping a book I just Photoread. People around me acted like it was an everyday occurance.

Alex

#37020 06/07/03 10:48 PM

Why flip the bible at all?

Alex: Are you sure those people didn't
understand what you were doing?

I have a friend which is very open-minded.
Still, I don't find him very clever...

"Everyone is soo busy in their own little worlds"
Ha ha! I laugh in your face!

"I've even sat on the floor in the local library mind mapping a book I just Photoread. People around me acted like it was an everyday occurance."
I don't believe it! They didn't stop and
say: "Wow! What in the lords name is
this?! Do you know how what you are doing can totally change the world?!"

Try doing something really useful with
photoreading and the other accelerated
learning methods you know, for a change...

#37021 06/07/03 11:48 PM

laughs

man... the library is LOUD, all those noisy kids...

Read at home, if your house is quiet.

#37022 06/08/03 02:00 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ilaughinyourface:
Why flip the bible at all?

To learn for oneself? or Why not?

quote:
Alex: Are you sure those people didn't
understand what you were doing?

Unfortunately yes. It was part of my market research and I am finding that photoreading is unheard of in this area.

quote:
I have a friend which is very open-minded.
Still, I don't find him very clever...

I am guess your friend who is very open minded is still a good person.

quote:
"Everyone is soo busy in their own little worlds"
Ha ha! I laugh in your face!

"I've even sat on the floor in the local library mind mapping a book I just Photoread. People around me acted like it was an everyday occurance."
I don't believe it! They didn't stop and
say: "Wow! What in the lords name is
this?! Do you know how what you are doing can totally change the world?!"

Nope, I guess they just get used to construction work that goes on in the outside world and just accept it as long as it doesn't interfer with their experiences.

The reason I mentioned my experiences of photoreading in the library is because a number of forum members had expressed concern at photoreading in the library and the "unwanted" attention it might attract. The point there is; It doesn't make any difference, just do it, and you can be in and out before others even picked what they want to read.

quote:
Try doing something really useful with
photoreading and the other accelerated
learning methods you know, for a change...

Thank you for your acknowledgement of my skills.

Right now I'm busy doing my homework and assignment (I am studying full time 40 hours per week) When I am in the library; in an hour, I gather all the information I need from fifteen books rather than the limited 3 that I am permitted to take home on one subject. My class mates are struggling with the assigned reading while I prepare my reports. A number of them have asked me to teach them photoreading. At the same time I am preparing to make Photoreading available to the Australian public. I am also working writing some articles.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited June 07, 2003).]

#37023 06/08/03 02:14 AM

Good Luck in your studies Alex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved