Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
xiaosam Offline OP
OP Offline

I've listened to "Belief" at least 20 times trying to formulate the belief that I am a genious and is finally starting to get some results. Due to the numbers of listenings required, I'm starting to believe it might be a placebo effect.

Exactly how many times does "Belief" have to be experienced for the belief to set in?

Also I've listened to "Personal Genius" so many times that I've memorised the whole thing and can recite every word practically, and still haven't experienced any miraculous changes.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Does it matter if it's the placebo effect or not as long as you achieve your desired end result? Besides, the belief that you are a genius might be biting off to much, especially seeing as how you spelled genius wrong. =P just kidding.

As for PG: Do you know what to look for? The point of PG is not to wake up one morning and exclaim, "I just realized that the Calabi-Yau space is a real three-dimensional slice through the quintic hypersurface in complex projective four-space!! Whoa, dude!!" The point of Personal Genius is to help you achieve the Flow State, and improve the use of your Personal Genius by utilizing your multiple intelligences more effectively. You'll notice that the mansion metaphor is similar to a mind map (the entire mansion is at the center of the mind map, the rooms of the mansion are branches of the mind map, etc), and in the other ear you get "...provides a deep flow of concentration that is light, free, and enjoyable." You see what I mean? You have to know what you're looking for. Notice, Own, Play, Stay.

I question the use of the word "placebo" when applied to paraliminals.

Paraliminals work to change your belief system. If your belief system changes as a result of them, even in part, then it can't be placebo because you can't believe that your belief system changed.

If they don't work, then it isn't placebo either, because they simply don't workm, placebo or not.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Don't force belief changes by repeated listenings in a short period of time. Listen to the tape, and allow the changes to happen.

Listen today and then wait a week or so. Notice what progress you've seen in the direction of your goal. Then either listen again or move on to another goal

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved