Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

the point, i guess is, do what works for u. but if u find PR works for u, maybe something else works for u better. after all PR is just an aggregation of various other methods. There are various other techniques that give 100% recall - which might be slower to implement but faster to see results. i have been looking at so many methods and i have found that the output to input ratio is much higher in many other methods. so i guess just blindly believing in PR or accusing PR of not being any good might not b proper. But at $200+ for the system - its definitely not worth it in my opinion. BTW i own the system and have tried and used it. but the book might be a good buy if u want to try out the system.

Mads, I'd love to hear what other systems and techniques you've found in your research. If you feel like sharing, of course.

funny how i dont feel like sharing at all
just kidding u. will send u a PM.
Actually dont see ur email on the post......

[This message has been edited by mads (edited May 18, 2004).]

I have to put in my two cents. I have found with photoreading that I will get what I expect. When I quite thinking this is *^&$%^$ no one can do this and shifted to hey maybe its possible I started having results. If you expect perfect recall you'll be disappointed. If you expect to only PR and know sometimes but not very often. I started to PR in 8/01 and after 1 year of frustration I decided that it could be done. So, I started Photoreading a minimum of 10 books a day for about 3 months. It didn't matter if it was the same book I just did it. I needed this to work. I had driving passion to get it to work. I eventually hit the AHA! and quite questioning it and followed the steps. I really works. Paul, Pete and all of the other great people at LSC really do have something here. If you want just follow the instructions, and quit trying to find reasons for it not to work. Quit looking for shortcuts. Just do it! I can say confidently that I can get through most books in 2 1/2 hours.Period.

Anyway I just think follwoing

If it works for me, I`m not interessted in answers, because it just works for me.
If somebody says it may not work, it shouldn`t be a reason not to test it. And even it took one year to find out, does photoreading work or not, it shouldn`t be a reason not to try it. Be honest to yourself, everybody has wasted and allready waste his time with other things. So if someone test photoreading and it wont`t work,thats pitty, but if it works..... emagine !!! I think there is no better way, like trying it and studie hard for it !!!!

Best regards
Psydonym

I learned Photoreading from my brother's course manual a year before I took the class. The book is organized better than the old course manual. My only real problem with conscious activation was that I listened to people who acted as if spontaneous activation was the way to do it rather than going through the whole process. Once I started using super reading, rapid reading, dipping, etc. I got it. If I had done everything correctly I probably would have had the skill years ago. IMO the skill CAN be learned through the book.

One thing that sets LSC apart from some of the other reading programs is that you can try it out with a cheap book before deciding to purchase a home study course or attend a seminar. Some of these other programs don't have an inexpensive way to learn them.

I read hte report.. and it doesnt say PR doesnt work.. it just says it isnt better than normal reading.. however common sence would see that if u used a learning technique to remember the points within a book.. it is going ot be better than just reading and remembering..

fake or not fake.. anecdotal evidence says photoreading works.. read the forums

The thing about life is in almost any situation you can find a reason why something wont work and then it wont. There is this thing we have called a subconcious mind. Not everyone belives in it but most scientist do including NASA. Now since you are basicly 'downloading' the information into your subconcious mind if you are questioning if it is going to work or have your doubts then it wont. You have to remember the core of the photoreading system PURPOSE what is your TRUE purpose for using it to prove to yourself (or others) that it doesn't work and it can't be done??? or to find a way in which you can truly learn to learn faster and get through ALL the reading you have in the time YOU have avaliable. I suggest that if you are having trouble with the system don't look at and blame the system for not working look at yourself. What mental activity are you doing to stop it??? For me it was my purpose of not why I wanted to read the material but why I wanted to use the system. Since I changed my purpose of why I want to learn the system I have had nothing but success.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved