Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37308 06/25/03 07:17 AM
KWLee Offline OP
OP Offline

I got my results today...As it says in the subject, it's a first class! I credit PhotoReading for my results entirely. I used no method other than the PhotoReading process in studying for this exam, and not only has it gotten me the first I wanted, it also gave me a level of comprehension beyond anything I have experienced in my subject so far. I have used PhotoReading since the beginning of the academic year, so the whole process was accelerated. Remarkably, the increases in speed keep accelerating!

I wish to thank Paul Scheele and LSC for the wonderful system and the help this forum gave me when I started learning this system. Also, I thank all those who helped in my learning experience here. Above all, I owe AlexK, my PhotoReading mentor, a debt of gratitude for all the help she has given me in achieving this goal and developing my PhotoReading skills to their present level. I look forward to more astounding experiences...the magic of PhotoReading is apparently limitless.

KWLee
2nd Year Economist
University of Cambridge

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited June 25, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator

Congratulations. You did the work. Guidance is like a map... you still chose the route to take. Now enjoy the summer holidays!

Alex

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Well done!

Congratz!

Congratulations!

Can I just ask KWLee how long you have been photoreading because I'd be intersted to know how much practice you put in before you felt comfortable with the technique.

as much as he needed to gain this level of success. you be better off working towards your own goal with your own purpose than to achieve the goals of others.

Hi all,

So.....is Alex a girl? Sorry Alex if you are but I really did think you were male. The reference in the original post refers to "she". Is this correct! If so, I'll readjust my internal image of "AlexK" to have more feminine qualities.

lyall

KWLee Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

quote:
Originally posted by flex22:
Can I just ask KWLee how long you have been photoreading...

I started learning to use the PhotoReading process late September/early October last year when I felt that my study pattern was in a rut. I took the leap in that once I learnt the basics of the process, I never went back to "normal" reading.

quote:
Originally posted by flex22:
because I'd be intersted to know how much practice you put in before you felt comfortable with the technique.

Practice? None. It never ceases to amaze me that people think it necessary to "practise" the technique. We are told to use it as soon as we learn it, and that is what I did. I immediately applied it to the materials I wanted to study and my leisure reading.

As far as being comfortable with the "technique" goes, I really need to point out that PhotoReading steps are based on sound principles. It is these principles which we apply, rather than the more superficial idea of a technique.

What this means is that the tools and approach I might use for a self-improvement book could be very different from what I might use for a textbook. As you can see, this renders the idea of "comfortable" irrelevant since it is a flexible process and changes to fit the situation.

However, one thing that does need getting comfortable with is the NOPS attitude (yet another thing which whose importance just flies over the head of many would-be PhotoReaders). Until the NOPS attitude can be applied, I have personally found that one's mindset remains rigid and the technique nothing more than "going through the motions". In other words, NOPS is the key to flexibility, and using it involves getting used to change.

Having said all that, I'll try to give you an idea of how PhotoReading developed for me. I took about a month using the home study course and playing (on and off) around with the techniques to get the framework of the technique down.

Refining the techniques is a lifelong process. I thrice set month-long study goals to reach, and each time I did this, my technique (especially the activation methods) evolved radically as my understanding of the principles deepened. Oh, and during each of these goal-setting periods, my speed doubled to tripled. It tripled again when spontaneous activation started working for me. Thus, you see what I mean when I say that it is a neverending process.

KWLee

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved