Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37392 07/02/03 10:18 PM
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline

Recently I was explaining the PR system to a friend of mine who is a programmer. He asked me that if a person was supposed to listen to four cassettes on one weekend take a week off and then lister to the other remaining tapes if in that week he was supposed to P.R. books I told him yes be then he stumped me: He asked if he could another course in between (Memory Optimizer)

SO can he: 4PR-->M.O.-->4PR? What if he were to PR the Memory Optimizer Manual and then listen to the tapes later.

#37393 07/03/03 12:43 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Actually you could do all 8 cassettes in the one weekend if you wanted its just that no one has that much time to devote to home learning. Working with them 4 one weekend and 4 the next is a more workable plan if you have a family and weekend responsibilities.

Also you could do 4 one weekend listen and work with one side every evening and finish them up on the Satuday.

Personally, from personal experience and watching others. I find that working with only one PLC at a time is much more effective. The mind isn't further scattered by having multiple projects and new ideas coming up all at once. Especially with the Learning Strategy Courses. They generally present ideas that are not that create paradigm shifts and require rethinking of ones old habits. You really need to explore the ideas from one set before starting the next course. Having those ideas somewhat integrated if not fully accepted makes it easier to work through the next LSC Personal Learning Course.

I have actually witnessed some folks do more than one course at a time and then 3 months later not feel that they have either of the courses fully working for them. In their words, they 'still don't get it'.

There is something to be said for avoiding mulitasking even mental multitasking and finishing one project first before starting another.

Like I said your friend can safely continue the course and complete it by working on it nightly rather than just 2 weekends. That method is a suggestion for those who have commitments during the week. Afterall you can learn the whole system in one weekend if you can make the time. Spreading it out in smaller amounts is a bit of flexiblity that personal learning courses can provide, if you choose to take advantage of it make and how fast you complete the course only depends on your personal time table.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved