Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3241 07/17/01 09:54 AM
OP Offline

My kitchen is a mess. My whole apartment, in fact, is a mess. My office is a mess, and while I don't have a car, I know that if i did, that would have been a mess too.
I am a very messy person. And very unstructured. Always have been.
Help wanted.
Will the New Behaviour Generator work, or should I opt for a year in the army?
Any suggestions?

#3242 07/17/01 07:35 PM

Uh, yeah, the army. What better way to make yourself neat and tidy than becoming a cold-blooded killing machine?

NGB would probably do the trick, especially if combined with Get Around to It. Just use Side B and clean whatever needs to be cleaned. But you know, I'll bet that you couldn't have a messier desk than mine if you tried. The missing cuban missles are buried somewhere in there, as is Jimmy Hoffa's body.

#3243 07/18/01 08:17 AM
OP Offline

Acutally, Bubble, the Get Around To It has really helped me lately. I've cleaned up heaps of stuff, it helped me get off my ass and do what the Nike slogan says. But being the sloppy loser I am, I create a mess straight away. It's hopeless.
Yes, when I can afford it, I'll get that New Behaviour Generator, it's good for lots of things, it seems.
Cheers, Bubbles.

And no, I'm not going to join the army. I'd mess the whole thing up.

#3244 07/19/01 04:56 PM

I got the NBG for free by submitting a link - I don't know if you have a web site, though. I don't even know if LSC still has that deal. *shrug* But you can get it for $10 thru a telephone order if you order enough tapes.

#3245 07/20/01 10:01 AM
OP Offline

Bubbledevil,
When ordering from this website, you a get a free $14.95 paraliminal if you buy three, and a free $24.95 paraliminal if your order (paraliminals only) exceeds $60.- Of course, when ordering these things I make sure I get a couple of free ones, and there are still several I want. I could of course get the NBG now, my financial situaton is not THAT screwed, it's just a matter of priority, and I'll opt for food this month, I think.

I should also use the NBG for changing my behviour at work. They don't pay me for spending time on this forum. No, hang on, I think that... actually THEY DO!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Johnson,
weird type.

Live with it.

#3246 07/29/01 07:18 PM

This may a bit late as a reply but I just wanted to add my two cents worth. I've got the same problem and have tried paraliminals and HPPs. I found the HPPs by Dr. Glauberman to be of really good quality and very well made. The LSC paralminal tapes were also great and far more economical. After a few days of the HPP tape along with a Mind Machine, I found that I started to think differently about tasks I dreaded doing before and started thinking in terms of: "OK, I'll just fit it in my routine and do a bit at a time, and eventually it'll get done". This was a big change from what I used to do before which was feeling a lot of guilt and beating myself up psychologicaly (not good for the old self esteem!).It just wasn't a big deal anymore, and relaxing about the whole issue of cleaning up was half the battle. It all became a matter of keeping tasks like this in sync with a rythm that was comfortable for me. I've still got a long way to go and I think Natural Brilliance with the four steps of Release, Notice, Respond and Witness will really help me along the way. The key is changing my habitual thinking and doing. Anyway, keep at it buddy and you will find your way!

[This message has been edited by focuskid (edited July 29, 2001).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved