Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37475 07/10/03 09:30 AM
OP Offline

I read a post from a while back talking about the reading genius program. A certain member of the forum said it was a quicker and easier path (the "dark" path). That person said it was evil or whatever, but didn't include why it wasn't as good as photoreading. If it was quicker and easier, then why not better? Please turn me in the light* direction

#37476 07/10/03 09:43 AM

That was me, man. I'll explain why, but I must be brief...it's late, and I must sleep.

Ed Strachar, the creator of the program, previously attended a PhotoReading seminar, which he learned much of what he knows at. His content is derived from concepts in accelerative learning, and his claims that PhotoReading and Paul Scheele of LSC(Learning Strategies Corporation) don't know what they're doing is a load of biznachnessshiznitta, because a lot of what he knows, LSC were practically pioneers in.

He has you do unnecessary exercises during the Reading Genius version of the "PhotoReading" step. You even have to stand on one foot for part of it, I hear, and you also have to listen to the "accelerative music" which gets tiresome after so many times, and requires you to really get equipment of all kinds surrounding you to actually just sit down and use the steps.

The speeds, also, have a limit, where PhotoReading does not, because it naturally builds in the brain. Reading Genius does not, and uses all of its fancy physical exercises, lingo, music, and what not to serve as a crutch. You can use PhotoReading anywhere, where as Reading Genius you need this equipment that THEY MUST produce.

It's the easier path, the "dark" path because Crazy Eddie(Ed Strachar) is full of it. His claims about other reading programs, but PhotoReading in specific are B.S., and the claims he has over his own program are all about him. "Reading Genius has one teacher, hence the quality is always high," and, "PhotoReading instructor quality can vary significantly!" are two quotes that make me sick.

The reason he's the only one who can teach the program, and explain the inner workings that's behind it is because if someone else knew the inner workings of it, compared to the gears of programs like PhotoReading, they'd realize it's a piece of pointless trash.

Need more? Not now. I'm tired, and I've got to sleep. I'll be sure to give you more tomorrow, though, including page-by-page references.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587

#37477 07/10/03 04:52 PM

LMAO. Sorry, I had to come back and laugh at that one. I borrowed the tape course from someone and I listen to some of it. SOME is useful, if you didn't get how Paul explained it, Ed tries it the modern way with the neolingo. Lots of examples such as... Expect nothing, learning takes frustration (what the... I thought you are confused before your frustrated and start going nuts...) and things like that. Best one is... Imagine a person's face that casts doubt onto you, now put his face onto a animal of your choice, don't place the head of the human on the head of the animal, instead, place in on their "buttock" behind, whateva you wanna call it (kids are suppose to listen to this why...). Some other stuff like... play your doubts fowards and backwards in your head soo fast that you cannot hear it... wouldn't take make you repeat and emphasize the affirmation until it gels in your head? LMAO. Crazy Ed, I'm almost done w/ his course, I look to grab what I had not already gotten with Photoreading book/course. Nothing new, maybe I am burning more calories with Ed and his crazy foot exercises.

#37478 07/13/03 06:24 AM
x Offline

Eddie Van Salesman knows how to make money off of other people's work...you have to give him that.

There's other things I'd like to give him but there are laws against that.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved