Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37479 07/11/03 05:48 AM
OP Offline

Well, I'm on the fourth day of the 5 day progam and i'm going throug the system. I'm doing some correspondance courses so I felt this would be a perfect opportunity to practice the PR system since I'm on my own time clock and I have to read materials and be tested on them. So I started my first book and have made 3 activation passes through the book. I've done a brief mind map and I've spent a total of 2 and a half hours so far with the material.

I decided to take a mid-course evaluation test in my book to see how my comprehension is coming along with the PR system. I got 15 out of 25 right(multiple choice). In my opinion this isn't a great score. If it had been a real test that would be a 60%. I was relaxed and stress free when I took it but I felt totally unknowledgable. I didn't know the answers, I guessed on a lot of them. So my question is:

How can I increase the effectiveness of my activations?

Like I said, I have already made three passes (3 - 45 minute activation sessions) and judging by my score, I didn't know that much about it yet.

I've defined my purpose. I try my best to ask myself questions while activating and to stay relaxed and have fun.. I don't feel any pressure really. So what can I do to make this more productive for me? Also, every chapter is about a different subject so I know that I should probably treat each chapter as a book of its own. So, how much time to I spend on activation of each chapter?

Last thing, Each book comes with a study guide or workbook. It has questions for each chapter in the book and is meant to be used as a guided study with the book. How can incorporate this into the PR system? Do I have to go throug and answer all the questions? I was hoping to get away from having to do that as it is so time consuming. Is there a way to incorporate the study guide into the system to maybe direct my activation in the book?

Any help is appreciated...

[This message has been edited by caracasmc (edited July 10, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by caracasmc (edited July 10, 2003).]

#37480 07/10/03 08:16 PM

The brilliance of the system is in the efficiency of the methods or techniques used to gain comprehension.

The magic of the system is in processes your brain will use to recall the previously comprehended information.

My advice is simple: Study your material to the extent that you normally would before learning the photoreading system. That is, study your material as thoroughly as you would have before learning about photoreading.

However, use the steps in the system INSTEAD OF your old study methods to get you to that point. Then, and only then, compare the photoreading system to your old system using the criteria of comprehension, recall and speed of 'input'.

I think you'll find yourself more pleased than you do now and having more *faith* in the system.

With blessings,
CommonSense

#37481 07/10/03 10:06 PM

I'd say depends on the book. Fiction is free for all, you can superread and dip or you can rapidread. But keep on thing in mind... your brain is way more powerful than you can imagine...

#37482 07/11/03 10:10 PM

Would it be more beneficial to use chapter/study guide review questions as mind probing questions rather than to initially create mind-probing questions on your own?

#37483 07/11/03 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rover1:
Would it be more beneficial to use chapter/study guide review questions as mind probing questions rather than to initially create mind-probing questions on your own?

I'd say that you should maybe split it up into different groups. Use some questions from the review guide, and most certainly make sure you've paid attention to whatever questions may be at the end of a chapter, and review questions. Creating your own mind probing questions is something you should do, even if it's just a few, for everything you activate, though. At least, this has been my experience.

If you're doing school related stuff, then go ahead and ask a few extra questions outside of what the book has to offer that are about YOUR personal curiousity. Something that maybe might interest you.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved