Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
x Offline

pardon my french but ed is full of s%#t.

thank you for the breakdown of his course chang liu but i have no interest in buying his or anyone else's course. PR works, which is not something i can say about any of the other courses i tried previously (although debono and buzan have the right idea and jean marie stine was also onto something).

until someone comes up with something superior to PR and Natural Brilliance i'm sticking with LSC.

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by THEChangLiu:

AlexK, have you tried his products? Youngprer, you? Anyone besides myself...

Like I already said. I find it difficult to want to trust someone to put ideas into my mind who uses poor marketing skills like that so no. I have chosen not to avail myself to his material.

On the freenoting I pointed out that Win Wenger himself said that it wasn't really until you were in the flow (some 2 to 3 pages) that freenoting started hitting the core of the subject.

quote:
ps - AlexK - am I really suppose to have that mindset of expecting nothing, no success, no anything...Just do it is ok if I see where I am going, that part of the course completely dropped me flat on the ground.

Have an open mind, go for the experience is a good mindset. However you need to hold your expectations high. You need to understand that we don't often live up to our expectations but the higher our expectation the higher we aim to reach. It helps to aim for our goals with a sense of play. If we have low expectations we live below them too. Like with the PR course at the end of it if you're applying the system as given you should be able to get your reading done in 1/3 the time it took you before you started. That is a realistic starting expectation. If you're not getting that then you are probably skipping some of the steps. Then your expectations would take to to look at what you might be missing.

If you're really not going to expect anything why even put the time into it. I suppose it is meant if you approach it like a true scientist a I'm going to mix this with this and see what happens approach then it might be appropriate. But even then scientist will ask 'if I mix this with this will this happen?' So they usually have some expectation, they are looking for some outcome.

If you buy a reading course intended to speed up your reading... it stands to reason that you expect to see an improvement in your reading skills. Not unreasonable. That's why LSC has coaching and the forum to help you through and it is repeatedly pointed out the first target is 1/3 the time it takes to regular read the book. Many people jump this target wanting the book in 30 minutes target first time round. Naturally their expectations haven't been met but guess what? If they keep trying sooner or later they will reach it if they keep their expectations high.

Like it's been said 'If you don't know where you're going how will you know when you get there.'

Thanks for posting the information about the course. Kind of expensive to just have so much music. I definately wouldn't be popular in a library trying to listen to music to help me to read better. Being deaf I'd need getto blasters. So the course isn't worth it for me.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited July 15, 2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by youngprer:
No, I haven't taken his course, and I [b]never will. Not when he's put down mah homies at LSC, when there's nothing to even put down. I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU!

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer[/B]

Couldn't have said it better myself. You go, Young!

KWLee

Lots of my friends are into NLP and such, I'll see if I run into any helpful suggestions or paradigms that you guys can use to further your education(s).

quote:
If you're really not going to expect anything why even put the time into it.

LOL, get your $$$ and hope you accually learn the course. :P

[This message has been edited by THEChangLiu (edited July 15, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by THEChangLiu (edited July 15, 2003).]

I went to his web site. His attempt to sound credible is poor because:
1. He used the URL:www.photo-reading.com
(misleading)

2. He rips off LSC by using some of their terminology to explain their inferior system.

3. He uses the misleading site name and then he SLAMS Photoreading and LSC.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved