Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37583 07/16/03 09:18 AM
hkably Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi folks!

Usually, before I photoread a book the normal way, I flip the book rapidly so that my inner mind would see the pages without any conscious awareness. This usually takes almost 5 seconds.

My question is: Can I photoread a book this way without the normal way?

I know, of course, that I need a smooth book so that pages won't stick togather.

Appreciate any comment!

Administrator
Administrator

Try it and see. Your activation will be a good way to see if it has benefits. If activation takes 20 to 30 minutes longer then would you prefer to spend 5 minutes regular flipping instead?

Flipping has the disavantage that you cannot always see right into the gutter of the book, only the outer edges. Some people will flip more than once to allow for the pages that stick together.

Alex

hkably Offline OP
OP Offline

I tried it already! It worked perfectly!

But it depends on the book and how smooth it is.

I have 2 guidlines to follow:
1) If the book is smooth, then I will use fast flipping.
2)If the book is harsh or unsmooth, then I will use normal flipping.

Thanks Alex!

After photoreading, I almost always fan the pages of the book three times, once with the book upside down and backwards, then right side up, then upside down and backwards. Also while fanning the pages, I tilt my so that I can see and picks up information that is in the gutter/center crease of the book.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved