Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37612 07/18/03 03:42 AM
OP Offline

Today I dined on some nice Memphis Steak.
I ordered a medium cooked steak, not too rare and unprepared and not too over cooked. Nevertheless, I started with a salad, to stir up my appetite. The dressing I picked, and I like Italian, which fitted my personal taste. So then I had to wait for the steak to cook as the chief did their cooking, I had no worries because I had a nice salad to eat. Before I knew it, the steak was finished and ready to feed my stomach. I stood there amazed at the meal before my eyes, the juicy steak’s aroma filled my olfactory and I could not wait to eat. But patience I had and being a human I could not devour the WHOLE thing all at once. Divide and conquer, I picked up my knife and fork and went to battle. A fought here and there with the tendons that caused a little trouble, but the whole piece of meat was nicely cut after some works of my given tools. Now, I think my meal is ready to eat. The pieces small enough for me to see and choose which I want to eat. Do I want to start near the bone? Do I want to apply some steak sauce? Should I eat fast before the steak got cold? I was hungry, so I ate right away. A piece here and there and I worked my way from the outer rims of the meat into the center. At times, I felt the thirst in my throat so I stopped my chewing and got a good drink of water to wash everything down. The process of munching down the gourmet beef and water made the whole experience enriching. I reflected on my every bit with satisfaction. In the end, I could not believe that I eat the WHOLE thing. It was such a grand piece of bovine but I worked my way through it.

:P hint : divide and conquer.

FOOD for thought

Chang

#37613 07/20/03 09:56 PM

Chang, this is, by far, the most inexplicable, and pointless post you have ever posted to the LSC boards, ever.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587/
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

#37614 07/21/03 12:48 AM

IMO it looks like it is a metaphor on Chang's approach to reading. The steak represents the book to read, taken in smaller chunks it was finished faster than Chang thought it would be.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved