OP Offline

LOTS OF PEOPLE DONT LIKE ACTIVATION

BUT WHAT ABOUT IF WE DO PHOTOREAD MORE AND ACTIVATE LESS

I MEAN INSTEAD OF PHOTOREAD 1 TIME DO IT 20 TIMES
DO WE NEED ACTIVATION THEN ?
A LITTLE ACTIVATION

OK DOUBLE THIS TO 40 PHOTOREADS
DO WE NEED ACTIVATION THEN ?
I THINK WE NEED IT EVEN WHEN WE PHOTOREAD 40 TIMES ( YAH I USED 2 DO IT ) AND IT IS REALY BECOME VERY VERY EASIER TO US (THE ACTIVATION PART )
WHAT DO YOU THINK
JUST DO IT .

PHOTOREADING ONCE IS SUFFECIENT. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD LOOK AT MY TIPS PAGE AT: HTTP://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/DOC5587/TIPS.HTM

I THINK THAT WOULD HELP YOU, BUT PHOTOREADING IT 20 TIMES IS JUST GOING TO BE A POINTLESS ENDEAVOUR, UNLESS IT IS A TEXTBOOK, AND THOSE 20 TIMES ARE OVER THE COURSE OF A MONTH.

IN ANY CASE, ACTIVATION IS WHERE THE UNDERSTANDING COMES INTO PLACE.

OKAY, OKAY, I AM DONE.

-YOUNGPRER
GEOCITIES.COM/DOC5587
PUB117.EZBOARD.COM/BTHEWORLDOFYOUNGPRER

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited July 23, 2003).]

Hey YoungPR'er,

You might consider changing the font color of your tips page..It makes it difficult to see. Just a suggestion, take it as you want.

By the way, excellent tips. I followed your advice on practicing with Magic Eye pics..worked like a charm..I can get into focus so much easier now. I learned that I was corssing my eyes before, making all the 3-D images appear inverted..Once, I learned the proper way I felt much more confident.

Keep it up!

JD

This is really important. Is it ,TRUTHFULLY, hard for anyone to read in particular? I'm hearing everyone say: It might be hard for others to read, but is it hard for YOU to read? Anyone out there?

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Yeah bud, we all hate the colors. Sorry if it causes you a lot of trouble. BTW, what books do you recommend? Can you post a list on your site?

quote:
Originally posted by astrowill:
Yeah bud, we all hate the colors.

Alright, I changed it. Hope you like it better. Had to go through every single page.

-youngprer http://www.geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Administrator
Administrator

Here is some maths that might help you decide whether photoreading a 20 times is ultimately worth it. You need to do at least one post view of about 15 minutes to get the conscious mind curious and asking questions, without this the book will remain difficult to activate even in class. Remember you still need to do at least one 30 minute activation pass to know the information consciously. Activation can be the 30 plus minute class discussion.

The book in question takes 5 minutes to photoread each time

Photoread
5 X 20 = 100 minutes.
5 X 40 = 200 minutes
postview.
15 minutes

Activation Class or self 30

100 + 15 + 30 = 145
(2 hours 25 minutes)
200 + 15 + 30 = 245
(4 hours 5 minutes)
Sense of conscious comprehension barely passing?

Alternately Photoread 1
5 minutes

Postview
15 minutes

Activate - self 1 x
30 minutes

Activate - class (required anyway) or second activation
30 minutes

5+15+30+30=80 (1 hour 20 minutes)
Conscious Familiarity is stronger since you spent 30 minutes actually building conscious comprehension.

Add another 30 minute activation pass or 2
2hours 20 minutes
Conscious comprehension = best/excellent

If you want to build conscious comprehension you need to activate. Other than conscious knowledge you have with one photoread of the book anyway. The point of activation is to give you the same or better level of conscious comprehension that you gain from regular reading of the text.

You have to admit 2 to 4 X 30 minute activation passes (1 to 2 hours) and getting the same or even better comprehension is better use of your time than spending 6 hours with a book.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited July 24, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator

Remember the point of activation is to pull out the information that you need in the time you have available.

The above is more relevant to school or textbook reading. For your own purpose it's possible to fully activate a book in the 5 to 20 minute postview. Remember your purpose and make sure your reading matches your purpose.

Alex

TJ Offline OP
OP Offline

Every time you PhotoRead a book, you are getting it as it is relative to you at that point in time, which adds more depth to your understanding of the material
PhotoReading does dramatically increase the speed with which you CAN absorb information, allowing you to more readily master written material
if you photoread more the material will be easier more .

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved