Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TJ Offline OP
OP Offline

To reach speeds as high as 1 million words per minute a computer program that can show 30 frames each second with 550 words must be developed. Such plans are in place, but no programming has been started yet (If anyone wants to assist in this, please let me know). A video camera and a TV might also produce such high speeds. But a computer program might show E-texts and maybe also allow searching for desired information on the web. This technique works by using the power of your subconscious. Your subconscious has the ability to process enormous amount of information. Until the computer program is developed you can use a little variation. And that is using normal books. Since it takes some time turning each page of the book does the speed drop to about 25,000-50,000 wpm. Before sending the pages in the book for processing to your subconscious you should enter a trance state, preferably the theta state. Turning the pages of the book will make it difficult to keep that state. But it can be done with practice. (The computer program will include flashing screen and binaural beats to put you down in the desired state before sending the pages to your subconscious). To send the most of the information in the book to your subconscious you can't have a hard focus on the book or screen. If you are reading a book you should place your focus some place behind the book. This will be a lot easier with a computer program. Because it will include stereograms in the background that you may try to focus on. (Stereograms are pictures where you have to diverge to see the 3D-picture.) Before starting the reading should you give yourself appropriate affirmations. You will have no recall of what you just read once you are finished. At least not at first. This is where Lucid Dreaming comes into the picture. While Lucid Dreaming you have access to all the information that your subconscious has stored throughout history. But the beauty with Lucid Dreaming is that you can let your subconscious process the information for you. You might imagine meeting the author of the book you read around the corner. Once you meet him can you start asking all the questions you were seeking answer for in the book. And your subconscious will provide the right answers. Even where in the book you will find that answer. If you read a novel can you sit down in the most comfortable chair you can think of, imagine a big screen TV with 3D-cinema sound. Then you might start watching the novel while eating popcorn. But this should be done in the weekend when you can sleep for about 12 hours. The 4 last hours will almost be a continual long REM. Great for watching movies.
http://web-us.com/luciddreamingFAQ.htm

I made some attempts at it. I would photoread a book and in the following days try to achieve lucid dreaming. Upon "waking up" in a dream, I would ask myself, "so what's that book about?" It never worked. Youngprer, have you been successful with it?

quote:
Originally posted by astrowill:
I made some attempts at it. I would photoread a book and in the following days try to achieve lucid dreaming. Upon "waking up" in a dream, I would ask myself, "so what's that book about?" It never worked. Youngprer, have you been successful with it?

So far, not directly, no. However, book's content has showed up in my dreams after PRing it before going to sleep. AlexK has also reported PRing stuff showing up. In one recent dream, I was speaking complete Spanish, and I'd not learned much of any Spanish at all, but had PRed many books on it. This means that the concept of being able to design platforms for dream environments and then exploring them without conscious knowledge is possible, like what my group LGG is trying to achieve. (http://www.geocities.com/doc5587/lgg/home.htm)

I've learned that there's a lot of factors that go into the process of getting the information from the book. One is perception, another is expectation, which link up hand in hand. If you expect it to be laid out in front of you in an image-like, or symbolic form, that might work. On the other hand, if you're expecting to just know that much information at once automatically into your conscious recognition, that's not going to work, because the conscious is the conscious and it's always going to be limited, whether you're dreaming or not. You can access the subconscious while dreaming, but consciously, you still have to worry about taking in only 7 things at once. I could be wrong about this, because of the altered states of consciousness, as well as the speed of dreams in relation to real-time, and if I am, correct me. This is one principle that LGG is going off of in its experiments, and its an important one.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Administrator
Administrator

I had some dream activation just 2 days ago again. I find all I need to do is PR the book before I turn the lights out. As for getting lucid in the dreams I don't bother with it. If information comes up from the book like the last one I am more interested in knowing why that particulat bit of information came up. I know it's from the book that I photoread and that it's part of my dream and that's as lucid as I want to get. I've noticed that I am building on the information that I photoread, so why spoil what my inner mind is playing with, or sorting out by becoming lucid. If I want to reread a part of a book to know it consciously I'm not going to waste 15 or 20 minutes of lucid dreaming on that... I can get more out of the whole book in 15 to 20 minutes regular activation.

For me lucid dreams are for exploring.
Regular dreams for reading and intepreting/exploring books I photoread before sleep.
Activtion is for anything I want to understand at a conscious level.

Alex

Alex you've cleared something up that was puzzling me.When I read another thread about lucid dreaming I thought surely isn't activation much simpler.
I thought lucid dreaming were more for exploring, just like you say, so I reckon I'll keep it at that, explroing.
Thanks!

Administrator
Administrator

I received an email asking me a couple of questions in relation to this thread. I thought the answers would be more appropriate here for the benefit of all.

First and most importantly...

You cannot "read' at 1 million words a minute.

The conscious mind can only handle 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information per second. Meaning 'reading' speeds are between 300 and 540 words per minute... anything faster than that is not reading because it is beyond the speed at which the conscious mind is able to process information.

2. Activation is bringing to your conscious awareness information that you have photoread. Using curiosity. purpose, questions and any other words that describe a having a reason to want to know and understand consciously.

In answer to the question

quote:
do you think with me that you can activate 1 million words (what about if it is 10 mins and 10 millions words) you as an expert in photoreading and visualy thinking and has lots of experince in PRING tell me the what to do if I want to activate 10 millions words a day

The answer is... the conscious mind cannot handle it in a 24 hour day the conscious mind can only handle 604,800 bits of information. In the average waking day (18 hours) that is 453,600. If you do nothing but activate or read at the average maximum one would achieve 1 million words within 3 days.

While we are already photoreading at just under 1 million words per minute bringing this information to the conscious mind needs more than 2 day consciously understand word for word what you have read.

Does this make photoreading pointless?

No. The gem of PhotoReading is we do not need to know the mechanics of everything consciously. Just like we don't need to know the laws of combustions to drive a car. Nor do we consciously need to calibrate how much pressure we need to apply to the gas or brakes to get a car (or bike or roller blades or a skateboard) into motion. We let out other than conscious mind take care of that. With photoreading we teach out other than conscious mind to take care of that too. So rather than reading being a solely conscious task we hand it to our other than conscious mind to handle if for us.

This brings me to dream activation and questions asked of me about my dream activation experience in the email

quote:
I want to know from you about your activation dream. how many hours do you sleep and what is exactly your activation while sleeping? Do you see the book? Did you meet the writer? Did you see objects about what did you pred

I sleep in 3 to 4 hour blocks since it is middle of winter right now for me I usually follow that with another 3 to 4 hour block. I have been recalling my dreams for many years. As often stated if you want to have dream recall or experience lucid dreaming record your dreams daily.

My activation during dreaming is usually question and answer type sessions. I have a sense of curiosity about the book before I fall asleep and during my sleep state I find myself getting answers. Evaluating the subject against experience or other books on the subject. I find that I form ideas, answers and have even noticed errors in the ideas of the author. (Errors to my mind) that served for further questions and bring in information from other sources or books as to why I perceive them as errors or places to disagree. I guess the best way to describe my activation experiences is like being in a laboritory or questions and answer session/discussion with the author. From time to time I see passages written from the book.

This doesn't necessarily happen with every book I have found some more obscured in other parts of my dreams, Like an aside idea or note or comment that someone makes about the subject that I have photoread. The image of the cover of the book might so up and someone makes a comment about it that sort of summarises it.

quote:
Did you activate the whole book while sleeping?

I find that I usually activate what is important to me in a book. Sometimes it's a summary of what the book is about and others it can be a detailed exploration. And yes. I have activated a whole book surprisingly enough that happened last night.

My comment "If I want to reread a part of a book to know it consciously I'm not going to waste 15 or 20 minutes of lucid dreaming on that... I can get more out of the whole book in 15 to 20 minutes regular activation"

quote:
Waste your time in that?

Even within lucid dreams that which is conscious can only be handled by the conscious mind at 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information per second. What I have Photoread at 25,000 plus words per minute I am not going to slow down and read at 300 to 500 words per minute during a lucid dream. My inner mind has already processed it and can give me questions and answers during my dream state. All I need to do is remember to record my dream when I wake up. As soon as I become Lucid in a dream my conscious mind comes into play and frankly it's slower than a snail in a sack race slowing down what my inner mind can do at lightening speed. Lucid dreams are great times to experience stuff we cannot naturally do during the waking state, like play a musical intrument if we don't play, change the colour of the sky, know stuff we have no conscious way of knowing or consciously create landscapes to please our senses and even to fly. Read a book that I have photoread? I can do that consciously... read a book that I have never seen before that gives me insider information (precognition) Okay I'll do that. But for a book that I have physically photoread? Read it? No waste of time... live it and experience it lucidly that is another level of learning.

quote:
I agree with you 100 % that regular activation is realy important

Regular activation is only as important as what you want to know from the text. It is a for satisfying the conscious mind, the critical reading factor required by our school system and fantastic for developing the speed at which the inner mind can give the conscious mind the blocks of information. A useful means of developing trust between the inner mind and conscious mind.

Sorry there are no short cuts. The fastest way to get your reading done faster is to use the photoreading system daily.

As often suggested Photoread at least 3, doing well 5 excellent 10 books per day (can be the same book) Fully activate at least one book per week.

Bt fully activate I mean bring to conscious comprehension, to the same or better level of comprehension, you have been accustomed to reaching by regular reading. Do this by being an active participant in the reading process. Be curious about what you are activating, ask questions of yourself before photoreading the book and then after, discover how the feeling of knowing/understanding feels for you. Set reasonable goals, hold your expectation high at the same time notice when your goals feel unrealistic.

NB the goal to read or activate 1 million words per minute is unrealistic because you are asking the slowest part of your mind to do the task for you.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited July 27, 2003).]

TJ Offline OP
OP Offline

A Chat With Paul Scheele

Interviewer: What about the sceptics?

Paul: Well, it's been quite fun. We had an opportunity at Gustavus College ... in the Medialab. They used a video screen and flashed a volume of US Patent Law at a rate of 33 pages a second at one of our students. This equated to a rate of 693,000 words a minute. The recall on the test afterwards was 75%! http://www.bbap.co.nz/photo.html
i am asking does anyone know how did the student activate ?

[This message has been edited by TJ (edited July 27, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator

They asked him questions

If you want to activate... whether spontaneously or to have conscious comprehension of the text as one is accustomed to with regular reading. Ask questions and check the book for the accuracy of your answers.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited July 28, 2003).]

is lucid dreaming affective in activation ?
does anyone activate by it and go to exams and got A plus
i still not having my first lucid dream but i am trying

ked Offline

quote:
Originally posted by guevara:
is lucid dreaming affective in activation ?
does anyone activate by it and go to exams and got A plus
i still not having my first lucid dream but i am trying

I think what Alex is trying to explain, if you read the first part, is that Lucid Dreaming can be a very fun, interesting and creative tool for activation.

However, it's much more "satisfying" as she said to just activate. Plus, you will get much more out of 15 minutes activating a book than a 15 minute Lucid Dream.

What I think the appeal is to Lucid Dreaming is that people think, "Hey I can just photoread this, go to sleep and wake up with full conscious comprehension and do no work." You HAVE to get your mind fully engaged and make it curious to find the information you need through activation - there is no magic formula of using Lucid Dreaming instead of activation.

I would suggest focusing more on using the system as much as possible rather than devoting all of your energy to Lucid Dreaming. As Alex said above, the only way you can get faster is by using the system.

While I have had many dreams involving the material I phtoready, I do not rely on it to get an "A+" on a test or anything like that. It is simply a way to get more in depth with the material and give your inner mind more time to play around with it.

Furthermore, when you're focus is on grades alone (a big problem with our modern education system, in my opinion) you might get tense, feel you need to see results and not relax and get curious with the book.

Learn the system by playing with it, I think that is some of the best advice to follow. Scheele always writes/says that PR-ing is full of paradoxes; to get the most out of the system you have to be easier on yourself and "let go."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved