Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SafTee Offline OP
OP Offline

If you're interrupted during a PhotoReading session can you continue where you stopped? Can you maintain the state or do you need to get back into state and then start the book over from the beginning?

At work I try to PhotoRead during quiet times. I close my door, turn off my phone before starting. Some times, though, people do knock on my door and interrupt me. Curious what the groups feeling is on this issue.

Yes, it's okay to continue after stopping at a certain point. Just re-enter the state, and proceed onward.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

As Pete said in an earlier post (where he encouraged movies to plug PhotoReading), one can actually engage in non-absolute concentration and still PhotoRead. (E.g., people have carried on conversations while flipping and PhotoFocusing). Of course, it's not recommended, but it is possible. It's like driving - it's fine to have part of your attention elsewhere.

One thing I like to do is Preview and Activate at work, but do the actual getting-into-state and flipping-through-pages at home, in my room, alone.

Administrator
Administrator

If you're really pulled away from it. Like leaving the book to answer the door. I suggest going back 6 pages from where you left off. Allows you to get comfortable in proper photofocus by the time you reach where you left off.

Alex

Go to sleep! Thats what AlexK always tells me. Usually that quiets a few worrying/annoying voices.

...hrmmmm... mom always tells me to go to sleeo to... LOL weird...

[This message has been edited by THEChangLiu (edited July 29, 2003).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved