Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I've recieved a special offer for a free Photoreading 3rd edition book in my email. I have not bought the real Photoreading course yet, but was wondering what are the advantages of using the book to train yourself for photoreading? Can I get the same result from reading/following the book the same way as if I were to have the course? Or would the book take more time and be harder? Thanks.

Administrator
Administrator

Time wise I think it would take the same if you used the book or did the course or seminar. It really is more a question of your personal learning style and self discipline. The seminar teaches photoreading in a weekend. If you did the homestudy course and the activities as you listened to the tapes you would also be looking at putting it into practice over a weekend. The book would be the same only you have need to work out your own training schedule. You can put the book into practice and apply it on 3 or 4 books over a weekend.

Alex

I agree with Alex, it depends on your leaning style. I found what worked best was to buy the course. This way I did the activities as I went through each element and could go back any time to listen to Paul's explanation.

I found the seminar is a little more difficult because you get in three days and then go home. Unlike the home study course, you have little to fall back on except your notes and the books.

This may sound lame, but another factor to keep in mind is, "Paying more for quality."

One oft-repeated story is the deli-counter with two jars of pickles, one for $1.10 and one for 85 cents. Same exact pickles, mind you, but some people like to pay a bit more for quality. If your belief structure is such that you believe you can't learn something as life-changing as PhotoReading for under $20, then you may need the seminar or the tapes.

I think this is one of the reasons that I purchased the tapes.

Other good thing about the tapes is that it's an auditory reference to a visual art. While one cannot PhotoRead with "PhotoReading" at hand, one can do so with Paul Scheele guiding the process through one's ears. I believe that this, combined with the task-master "it will work, this is how it works, do it, you'll see that it works" re-assurance, makes the tapes worth the extra price involved.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved