Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I'm thinking of ordering the photoreading course, but not sure yet. 260 usd seems a little steep. Well to me it is. I usually trust the opinions of my close friends, but they've never heard about it. I don't really know anything about it, except you can read just as fast as you can flip the page and understand everything. That seems a little too good to be true. All I know is that when I try to read fast my comprehension goes out the window. I'm hoping this course will help me because I need a change. I work a hard labour job at a cargo warehouse. Only way out is if I go back to school. Will the ability to photoread give me an advantage? I struggled through highschool. I work the graveyard shift, so I don't really have much time. How much time would I have to put in to learn? People think I have trouble paying attention. How hard is it to learn? How good of an investment is it? I'm poor. Sorry about the long message, but I'm sure you guys shouldn't take too long reading it. People probably come in here all the time asking the same questions. I would have searched, but I'm falling asleep. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

If you order the self-study course, or the book, it takes as much spare time as you have. Depending on how fast you want to learn it, that will lead to how much time you may want to put into it.

No, you can't read as fast as you turn the pages and understand everything. It doesn't work that way. You'll note that Learning Strategies has been very careful to never say that you can read that fast, but you can PhotoRead at rates exceeding a page per second. PhotoReading gets the information into your subconscious, and then the activation process gets it out.

Your close friends may have heard about it, but until they've looked into it, they will never know. I promise you that their other claim of you being able to get any reading done in 1/3 of the time is true, and the speed that you gain with time using the system is something extraordinary.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Administrator
Administrator

Check out the guarantee (money back) and the fact that there is the forum to help coach you, as well as a live coach if you still have difficulty after working your way through the course. (phone number is in the course)

This course is one of a few that actually makes the effort to help you succeed. As for studying it sure does help if you have a busy life. In a pinch you can photoread the class course material and activate it during class. If you can spare 30 to 60 minutes a day for 'homework' the ability to photoread is a bonus.

I recently finished a 6 week intensive course. The course material was supposed to provide us with all the information we needed to hand in our assignment. I wasn't satisfied with the limited number of marketing ideas the material provided and so I photoread 7 marketing books in class and then mind mapped additional marketing ideas. I wound up with 2 pages of marketing ideas whereas originally like my classmate I only had one paragraph. I was also finished sooner than my classmates and did homework on perhaps 2 occasions spending totalling 90 minutes.

Alex

Perhaps the best way to get started is to buy the book - I assume you have $$$ for the book.

Go through the exercises. Practice. Read everything you can put your hands on using the PhotoReading process. The library doesn't cost you anything.

Just because your friends haven't heard of PhotoReading doesn't mean YOU shouldn't explore it! Get curious, do your own investigation and evaluation.

If you want to make a million dollars don't talk to people who earn $40,000! Same here - if you want to learn about PhotoReading talk to those doing it, not those who haven't heard of it!

I think you'll be very happy once you've gained the skills of PhotoReading. You'll read more, open up new vistas, remember more and enjoy the richness reading gives you! Go for it!!!

OP Offline

I just ordered the course. It should be here in about 5 days or so. I hope this course helps me because that just cost me about 420cad. Oh well. It was either this or a new paintball gun. This seems more useful. Wish me luck.

Make sure you listen to Paul's four rules for learning Photoreading. Most importantly for those who doubt at first is 1. Don't beat yourself up.
If you can't photoread or think your results aren't good enough, don't give up. It is possible, there are many here on the message boards to vouch for it, you just have to want it and you can succeed.

M-soup,

I'm a newbie at Photoreading. I bought the home study course (off of e-bay from a guy who was too lazy to use it 'cause it wasn't even cracked open when I got it).

I thought the same thing you did about being able to photorecall everything you saw. This is not the case (at least for me). I've only photoread a couple of books now that I have gone through the whole course and I can tell you that the things I learned through the study material have increased the speed at which I can retrieve information from a book. That's the best way I can think to describe it.

I'm still having a bit of trouble understanding how I can measure the 'pre-concious' mind part. I haven't had any real wild recall stories (but I am new at it as well). But I took Paul's advice (from the tapes) and am willing to be a bit playful with it.

I had to pay for it in CDN as well :-( but I think each day I feel like it is worth it as I begin to get a handle on the PR system by using it.

I hope that sets your expectations a little. I could have used this when I first bought mine.

Bits

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved