Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kosmik Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello all,

I am new to photoreading and am loving it!

I have only been at this for three days, so I have no tangible results yet. Also, I haven't exactly received the book yet, either, so I am doing this with what I have gleaned from this site :-) which is a fair amount. The book should arrive from Amazon in a couple of days (I'm so excited that I can barely sleep!).

So far I have a steady BLIP, that is about 8 cm wide. I haven't figured out from the site yet whether the blip should be wide or narrow, so I'm leaving it at that for now.

I have done the preview/photoread with eight books so far, and am photoreading anything and everything that I am curious about, just to get the hang of it and get those neurons firing. I worked on activating one book, but my car got stolen and I sort of got distracted, had other things to worry about and haven't had time to pick up the activation again. I have kept photoreading, though, because I think that it is important to get a good base.

I originally heard of photoreading when searching the web for articles, books etc. on accelerative learning. I came across learningstrategies.com and was tempted by nearly everything, and at the same time slightly put off, possibly because I experienced the advertising as a bit overzealous, which yelled "hoax" in full colour and sweet harmonics. HAH! I love it when I am wrong about things like this!!!!

I have been reading about accelerated learning since I was about 12 years old. I was then introduced to Glenn Doman et al and have been an avid reader of anything even remotely related to the subject of learning - and especially learning quickly, and even more so: learning quickly and elegantly!

I've been MindMapping for years, and took a course in the Silva Method a few years ago, but was not diligent in practicing - discouraged because I did not get results. I have kept the ability to go "quickly" to level, which has probably been a help in beginning this photoreading adventure.

I have a certification in Communicology, which builds upon comparative research starting with the Palo Alto project, John Grinder and Richard Bandler and subsequently Jorunn Sjøbakken and Truls Fleiner.

I was actually "supposed to" become an acrobat or actor or musician or composer - thought that I would too, until I discovered that I hated it... took me seven years to figure that out. I can be very stubborn, I guess.

This latest year I have been researching possibilities - wondering what I want to do and want to become.

I have two answers: I want to work with accelerated learning and I want to become a rocket scientist (well, aerospace engineer is the proper term, but rocket scientist sounds cool ). Photoreading seems to be one of the only ways I can do both!

In the accelerated learning department I would like to work on two main projects: One with babies and their mothers and a second in developing an accelerated university course in engineering, where the prefered way of teaching is lectures, possibly the least effective method around. When I say accelerated, I mean using all the knowledge and technology of Accelerative learning to make it fun, easy (or at least easier!), interesting to get a Masters in Engineering... not in the sense "cram, cram, cram", which seems to be the current trend in accelerated university courses, (this is another of those times where I'd LOVE to hear that I'm wrong!!!!).

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself to you, because I intend to become a regular in this joint :-p

Best regards,
Kosmik
(called Kosmik not because I'm a new-ager, but because I love space and spaceships and things like that )

[This message has been edited by kosmik (edited August 17, 2003).]

Welcome Kosmik, great intro post.

John

kosmik Offline OP
OP Offline

so many things that I have been interested in and/or using for ages come up on this forum - it's great!

Just saw a couple of posts mentioning holosynch, which I have been listening to (awakening prologue) for a year (a few months on a few months off)... So cool

Kosmik

Congratulations on your success, and I hope you keep your enthusiasm for Photoreading. In regard to your accelerated university course(s), I suggest the Memory Supercharger Paraliminal tape. Your memory will improve greatly, trust me it worked for me. They also suggest using the tape after cram sessions so you will remember what you learned. Photoreading can also help, ask for some suggestions on this board, you will recieve good feedback.
Good luck with everything, and come back with any questions you have.

It's not so much that the site yells hoax, as much as it tries to hard. The marginalia seems deliberately designed to overwhelm the reader, who is probably coming here tired from trying to read something else from being overwhelmed.

Naturally, the site doesn't overwhelm PhotoReaders.

kosmik Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah - it doesn't yell hoax, but it certainly felt like it - probably because I have come across other things that ... tried too hard? and that definately did NOT work.

As for the university course - I will get the memory charger (in a bit. saving up now). The main thing is that I want to work with other people to *create* a university course that uses everything, starting out with a photoreading seminar, daily braingym and/or Qi Gong, courses that are designed to activate books that the students have photoread, mindmapping, study schedules that promote long time memory, reading to music, image streaming, direct learning - so far it is just a jumble of ideas, and I will spend another year just learning to photoread properly and designing my future. Then we will see. Obviously designing a university course is something that I couldn't do alone. One of my dreams though

Kosmik

[This message has been edited by kosmik (edited August 18, 2003).]

kosmik Offline OP
OP Offline

I figured out what annoyed me on the website! (remember, this is probably just me!!!)

I felt fish-hooked!
I felt like they were tantalising me with all the wonderful things that I could learn to do without giving the slightest information how. For me it would probably be mnore effective if some of the actual information is on the website - then I would be a lot more open to buying it.

Hmmm... curious!
Kosmik

You know, Kosmik, you seem like one who would also be interested in the possibilities of lucid dreaming. Run by my site, and head to the Projects section, if you're interested.
http://www.geocities.com/doc5587/

Having said that, welcome to the LSCBB!! (Always wanted to give a welcome like that. )

I remember how overjoyed I was when I first discovered PhotoReading probably around a year and a half to two years ago, now...*Squints in thought.* I dunno, I can't remember, I haven't really been that good of keeping track about those sorts of things.

In any case, you seem more qualified to learn PhotoReading than I was! Rock out when you get the book, dude!! That's really cool you've seen, read, and done stuff with Richard Bandler and Jose Silva's content. NLP and Silva are two concepts that can really give a headstart to your learning. NLP takes away all the excuses and teaches you some shortcuts, and Silva gives you a taste into the world without limits.

If you have any questions, just ask us, or Dana Hanson, the big hauncho of the PhotoReading coaches...erm...sort of...DanaH@learningstrategies.com.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

kosmik Offline OP
OP Offline

thanx for the warm welcome! So happy to be here!

I will go have a look at lucid dreaming - sounds fun!

At work - in an hour and a half I can go the library... FINALLY!!!!!!! it has been closed ever since I started photoreading.

see you around
Kosmik

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved