Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38129 08/21/03 11:25 PM
flex22 Offline OP
OP Offline

I had a very insightful conversation with my mother earlier.

I haven't discussed photoreading with anyone before but I started to have a conversation with my mother earler.

I told her about the blip and the focus state you need to get into.

She suddenly remembered that when I was younger and I was at the opticians, I told the optician that I could always see things in kind of double vision.Not total double vision but kind if like the blip page were objects seem double.

Thinking on this, I too remembered the case because I remember the optician giving me a funny look.I think that he thought I was just a kid and was imagining things.

Anyhow, since I've been doing photoreading and learning about the blip and the phocus state I have realised that as a kid I must have constantly been in this state.
I remember saying to my brother and sisters about how I could see things yet they all thought this was strange.

I've never thought much about it and thought I must have some kind of strange vision.This is not the case because if anything, my vision was more normal than others.Hard focusing on words is more unnatural.

I've come to accept this focus state.If anything now I find it hard to hard focus.I can see things furtheraway fine but when I come to read something or stare at something close, then it's all out of focus, like photofocus.This means that I actually have to work on hard focusing rather than seeing the blip, the reverse of what many people find.

Maybe I'm boring everyone but I've always found sight to be interesting.I used to make spectacles and so I met many opticians and people in the field and did develop a real interest but never pursued it.

Maybe I should PR a few books on the subject of vision.

I f anyone has any thoughts, comments or they have knowledge of this subject then I'd be interested to hear from you.

#38130 08/22/03 02:24 AM

Yeah, when I looked into my past via the Belief tape, I noticed that when I was a kid, back in the Dark Ages of optimitry, I could hardly see when my right-eye was patched (they did this for the sake of my forsaken left eye).

Well, everything was out of hard focus, because the nerves just weren't up to the challange, but I could make out words by the general shape of the word. Esentially, I was using preconscious processing to read a word at a time, making out anything difficult from the general context. All of this in the second grade.

PhotoReading seems to be inate, but latently so. It's not so much a special ability as it is the ability to use what's already there. Sort of like how anyone who isn't mute is capable of speaking, but it takes just a little extra training to be able to sing.

#38131 08/22/03 01:17 PM

Flex22.
You're not the only one that has that. I've have, what the opticians call "a natural divergence of the eyes". They tell me that each year when I go to have my eye exams and reading glasses prescription updated. You see I'm 50 yrs of age. This natural divergence has help me like you wouldn't believe during my Aikido training and teaching, especially when training to defend against multiple attackers. It has also helped me in my many years in the Air Force Special Operations on real world mission in situations where I could've been killed. Look at your "Natural Divergence as a blessing". And, it works "GREAT" with Photoreading.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved