Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38338 09/12/03 10:18 PM
Flutie Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone worked with the EyeQ system found at www.infmind.com? What exactly does it do and how effective is it? It's very nicely packaged from what little I could make out. I suppose it's the interactive learning method that it employs that makes it seem that way. Looking forward to hearing more about it

-Danny

#38339 09/13/03 12:01 AM
Administrator
Administrator

It supposedly make you read faster by giving you eye exercises and giving you reading material at faster and faster speeds.

I did the demo and after playing with their exercises was 30% slower afterwards (I wasn't impressed to move from 900+ wpm to just over 600wpm starting out) so I never looked further into the program. I know of 2 people who did take on the program and both complained that it didn't work for them. They actually progressed faster once they learnt photoreading and put that into practice. Their results with EyeQ were slow and they gave up with disappointment. I encouraged them to proceed with learning photoreading anyway (They orginally wanted to learn to read faster so that they would be faster at superreading and dipping from the word go). Both said to me they considered it a waste of time and a stain.

I am sure that if you want to learn speed reading that EyeQ has it's merits for photoreading it seems to be unnecessary you gain the speed more naturally by using the photoreading system.

Alex

#38340 09/13/03 01:00 AM

It teaches / trains eye to more quickly and smoothly over the page, or maybe it should be said it de-trains the eye form moving the most people's eye do while reading.

At 900+ wpm Alexk eyes have to be moving pretty smoothly and swiftly. The rest the people in the world can benefit from it. It's just a computer visual aid to one of the elements of speed reading.

If you rapid read enough, you'll be getting about the same thing. People should remember that dipping is supposed to be rapid reading, not traditional reading.

Rapid reading is a little disconcerting to most people at first, but so is PRWMS. The fact is with consistant use it come naturally. I've got many many post where I say rapid reading is just speed reading. Dana never agree with me.

Sending love,
Iam22

#38341 09/15/03 05:59 AM

I was able to double my reading speed by doing the online demo. I think the demo is nice, but from the reviews posted on this forum, actual investment into the Eye-Q course is of no benifit to PhotoReaders.

If your library has it, "How To Double Your Reading Speed in 10 minutes" is worthwhile. All of the information presented in that tape is also presented in the PhotoReading home study course, but the grouping and presentation is set together in such a way to make it much more obvious.

#38342 09/14/03 08:29 PM

I had a full version of EyeQ I did practice wiht it. My speed did increase, but my comprehansion was not so grat. I found this programm useless. I strongly recommend to practice on your own on real text whether it is a book or online.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved