Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38356 09/14/03 12:23 PM
OP Offline

I am intending to take an NLP practitioner and then masther practitioner course. Now thinking about which instructor is better, any suggestion?

Richard Bandler and John Grinder co-developed NLP. Which one is better in teaching NLP? On the other hand, I wonder if their students, Robert Dilts and Tad James, are better in teaching NLP now as they have taught for a long time as well.
If so, then is Tad or Robert better and why?

#38357 09/15/03 05:40 AM

I say, go with Ross Jeffries. It might not give you any certifications, but at least you'll have a load of fun.

#38358 09/15/03 04:03 AM

Hey Carl,

I'm a practitioner and master prac in the society of NLP. I don't do any training, but have studied it and all the significant teachers for several years.

What are you looking for? I mean, where will you be applying it. Business, social, dating, etc..

Each teacher is good for certain purposes. You suggested Richard, John, Robert and Tad.

The original group was:

Richard Bandler
John Grinder
David Gordon
Leslie Cameron
Judith Delozier
Robert Dilts
mainly...

Of those, Richard & Robert are still teaching classic code certifications of practitioner and master prac.

I'll tell you who I'm very impressed with is Jonathan Altfield. He's smart and innovative. I have never taken from him, but have emailed back and forth. Rex Sikes is great and I owe him my master prac. Richard is great, but with a pretty odd personality I hear. Robert is the consummate traditionalist. He's expensive, but authoritative.

Tad is also supposed to kick butt. But, he usually trains only in Hawaii. His trainer's training is supposed to be the best. He's a good mix of right brain and left brain.

Oh well, what else?

-CS

#38359 09/15/03 06:55 AM

I suppose if time travel were possible, you'd want to learn from Richard and John together. Alas, those days are gone.

John Grinder doesn't do any training any more. He was amazing, back in the day.

Richard is brilliant. An edgy guy. Wouldn't want to be him, but learned a lot from him.

Robert is perhaps the major continuing contributor to NLP and a briliant trainer.

David Gordon is great. No one does metaphor better. A superb trainer.

I don't think Leslie is doing training anymore. I'd like to hear otherwise. I think she was one of the best of all.

The NLP Comprehensive folks, out of Boulder, are generally excellent. Steve & Connirae Andreas, and others (Charles Faulkner, et al).

--Brian

#38360 09/17/03 05:24 AM

I got my Practitioner and Master Practitioner certs from NLP Comprehensive www.nlpco.com and I'm extremely happy with what I learned. Unfortunately, they are getting out of the training business. I notice on their web site that they are holding their summer intensive trainings in 2004, so that would be an option if you can spare 21 days straight.

Congratulations on the decision to get training. It is a fantastic and life-changing step. Good luck!

MikeB

#38361 09/18/03 12:38 AM

If you want to be a therapist, NLP Comprehensive is a good choice. I'm sure there are many others for this, but none that I have much information on.

For practical, real-world training Ross Jeffries is good and so are Tom Vizzini and Kim McFarland (www.essential-skills.com). Kenrick Cleveland is another good trainer and his Maxpersuasion 2000 home study course is great.

#38362 09/18/03 05:34 AM

btw Carl, if you don't mind sharing, what is your motivation to take the Practitioner (etc) training?

Just wondering. If you're a therapist, or want to be, I get it. Otherwise, I'm curious.

Thanks!

--Brian

#38363 09/18/03 10:29 AM

I would also check out L Michael Hall and Bob Bodenhamer at www.neurosemantics.com. They have come up with some interesting models of their own and have a good reputation.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved