Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38787 10/05/03 01:58 AM
siren83 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all!
I've a problem. You just suggested many times not to begin to learn the PWMS with text books.
Yes but...at the moment I am interested only in that ones!!I really could photoread anything but them...
Then, when you suggest to phread 5 to 10 books per day, it's ok if I'll phread the same books for a month or they have to be different ones?
I have to phread just?No question?No prewiew?No trigger words??!?!
TNX!!

*Sara*

#38788 10/05/03 09:21 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Sara,

If you can learn from your textbookswith regular reading and never had any problem learning the information you need from your textbook. Then you probably could learn to photoread with them.

However, How do you tell when you have come across new information in the textbook that is giving you trouble or if photoreading is the problem. Or in other words if you do both things poorly how do you get better at either of them if you're trying to learn them at the same time? Ever heard the saying learn to do one thing well first it saves time in the long run. Really it will take you less time to learn and apply photoreading if you did it on a couple of book that don't have an emotional price attached. I am assuming it is important to you to succeed with your studies? That 'worry' isn't going to make it easy to learn to photoread.

I suggest you do the 5 day test first on 2 to 3 books that are not related to your studies. The instructions start on page 76 of the photoreading book. By doing that you will ahve a better understanding of the photoreading step and will know photoreading better in 6 to 9 hours. Once you've activated a couple of books other than textbooks then the 5 books per day photoreading you will be able to notice your results better.

Yes, you could use the same books for a month. Remember to activate at least one of those books each week; at least fully activate 1 book per week. Once a book is activated I would remove it from the collection.

Do a preview or postview, trigger words and mind probing questions on the book you intent to activate. A short preview or postview is still recommended for all books, once you've done it you don't have to do it again if you want to photoread the book again.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved