Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38789 10/05/03 02:04 AM
siren83 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi!
I've done an exercise today:the one where u phread a narrative book and u have to recognise the feelings that u receive from it.
First, I've found where my emotions begin (at my foot and go up).
I've found that when I'm in the relax state my emotions are so calm...but when I begin to phread these emotions cames up so I've troubles in recognising what are the feelings that the books makes me feel (for exemple when I superread:if I'm always in tension how can I recognise where to dip???Only with visual signals???.
Any suggestion?
TNX

*Sara*

#38790 10/05/03 09:35 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Follow each and every urge you have to dip. In the beginning you might dip more that's fine.

The only thing you need to remember is if it isn't what you're looking for move on, go back to superreading. Just relax an take a playful attitude toward it, you said yourself it's hard to notice cues when you're tense, so relax. If you missed something on the first superread and dip you pick it up on another pass. You do it as often as it takes to get the information you seek. Rather than worry you might miss the cues... remind yourself of the question you want answered. Where is the most likely or eve logical place to find where the answer is? The table of content and the index. So if you look on the pages the index tells you to you know that you'll find the answer.

If you missed an answer to one of your questions... it's still in the book you only have to check that you have a properly formed question then go back and get the answer.

How fast one activates a book is determined by what and how much you want to know. Want to know the general information then it might take only 30 minutes if you want more details, then you need to decide what more, how much time you want to spend with it to get that information, how important is it to you.

As a beginner give it more time. That's how you learn to notice your signals for when to dip.

Alex

#38791 10/05/03 09:53 AM

Definately, ACKNOWLEDGE the emotions. I once read a book I was challenged to, and the book made me mad as all hell. I ignored my anger, and it just increased until I blew up at my entire assembled company. Not a good thing, trust me.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved