Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

It never ceases to amaze me how people when they see something outside their realm of experience, specifiacally Photoreading, they tell you it's impossible. My Boss just gave me a hard time for Photoreading. Has anyone else had a negative feedback about PRing? It seems that it is just absolute contempt prior to investigation that will keep them in ignorance.

No-one has given me a hard time. However, you can see skepticism in the eyes of most of the people to whom you explain PRing. Some are interested, some willing to accept it as a possiblity, but many are just polite and let the topic drop.

That's fine with me. There are all sorts of trance's out there. It's not my business it's their business to decide what they will believe.

At this stage of my life, I just put these ideas and experiences out there and if people want more I give them more. A greedy part of me says, "Good, one less person with this skil". The nicer side of me says, "I've given them a glimpse and they know I'm available if they want more information.". Many times you're just planting a seed. You have to give it time to grow. Sometimes you plant it in soil that's ready for it and it seems to magically jump to life, and other times the seed needs to await the arrival of other nutrients.

Ten years ago I would have been one of those politely knodding people, when I heard about PRing, meditation, and Qigong. What can I say, I've been fertalized a lot in those 10 years.

You are perfection,
Iam2

PhotoRead Burke's "The Day the Universe Changed." All our expectations are based on an overall concept of the universe. When that concept changes, so does our universe. Although the modern roots of PhotoReading are over a century old (and the practice itself may be ancient), what makes PhotoReading superior to other methods arising from the same roots is the paradigm of preconcious, rather than subliminal, processing.

fritz10000000; let me share a experience i had.i was at a photoreading seminar and a guy could not believe it was possible for the human brain to do some of the things that were being said could be done by the human brain.in this situation his wife really believed in photoreading and was going to use it for studying since she was going to learn to be a nurse.i think this guy just came along for the ride and did not really believe in photoreading.if i rememember correctly i was trying to tell this guy if you had told somebody in the 1700's or 1800's that one day somebody was going to build a machine and fly that machine to the moon and men would walk on the moon they would have thought you were absolutely nuts. this guy reacted with a lot of hostility. you can't change what people will choose to believe in unless they are open and come up to you and express a desire to learn.this situation also reminds me of another situtation where a guy was open to trying to learn photoreading but had a hard time accepting that the brain could photoread 2 pages a second. sincerely, photoread4me.

I don't have any problems with this. I just tell people I speed read which is true considering that my main methods of activation, supereading an dipping and rapid reading are types of speed reading. Most people I know, even college graduates, don't read and most of the ones that do read only fiction. People seem to think that education must be formal and there is no reason to read anything outside of school and when they graduate they are finished with reading. For them it is more that the skill is useless in their minds than that it is impossible.

One thing to consider is the very real difficulties of speed-reading. Perhaps they would be more likely to believe you PhotoRead.

Speed-Reading is, if I understand it correctly, the art of figuring what the read and what not to read, in order to use your time the best. The problem with it, as most people see it, is that in writtian communication every word has meaning and structure, and it's hard to tell what is important and what is not. PhotoReading bypasses this objection by first reading the entire text preconsciously. "Understanding" isn't important at this level, but you are "seeing" each and every word, and seeing it in the context that relates it to the text as a whole. When you activate, then, you know which words to look at and which ones to gloss over because you've already seen them all preconsciously.

Speed Reading isn't an art of picking which words to read and which not to read. It feels that way as you start to learn it. It's that sub-vocalization habit that's hard to give up.

I'm sure that LSC could develop a very good speed reading course if they wanted. Most of the accelerated learning techniques used in PWMS would be very useful if applied to learning speed reading.

If you were to teach people to read without sub-vocalization. You would find all of the anxieties (belief issues) you see when people try to learn speed reading or PR. If you haven't experienced reading without sub-vocalization you have a hard time believing that's reading is occurring.

Oooops I'm rambling and the thread is straying.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Sub-vocalization does have its place. It is useful when reading hypnosis books when you want to somewhat experience the induction. Reading inductions or examples of language patterns out loud with the proper tonality is even better. This is a very specialized application though.

Hey, I haven't conquered sub-vocalization. I've experienced it. I know it do able. I still need to develop a greater trust in myself.

(Sparkling moment)

Thanks folks.

You are perfection,
Iam2

P.S. to myself: Developing self trust is a belief, not a thing. Know it. Release doubt. Feel it. Experience it. Use it. Revel in it.

Thanks again all.

OP Offline

I appreciate the prompt feedback from everyone. I really like Iam2's response about one less person who will every PR. If everyone PRed it wouldn't be the great advantage that it is. Although it would certainly benefit society. I had told some of my family members about what my boss said and I was told "What did you expect from him!" He is a bit(heavy sarcasm) close minded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved