Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38981 10/21/03 10:19 AM
Glenski Offline OP
OP Offline

Honestly, the posters on this forum go on about how good they are because of some reading system that is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, but looking at the attrocious grammar and wretched spelling in so many posts here, I don't know how they can make themselves out to be so great! All these years of Photoreading don't seem to have done much for your ability to use correct English, have they?
SCAM!

#38982 10/21/03 11:37 AM

What puzzles me is that if he thinks this is a scam, then why is he wasting his time posting here?

Tell ya what, pal - I know you went to the Reading Genius thread of mine and told me to go to some "teeny" site where "kids can be kids" and "adults can talk about serious stuff," but you know what? It's people like you who I live for. In fact, it may seem kind of weird, but I am partially here for the occasional person like you to come along.

My website, which will be undergoing a massive revision in December - is going to be standing for adolescent and youth rights.

This is an internet forum. Go around to some other ones, I don't care which ones, and you'll find that they all use incorrect grammar, too. No one cares. I feel that most probably try to concentrate on what matters, instead. Grammar is not the most important thing in the world, and neither is spelling, bceuase rcenet rseacreh shwos taht poelpe udnetsnad wrods as a wolhe.

Part of your problem, is that you're too serious, and don't know what you want. Otherwise, you wouldn't have ever posted in the first place. Not to mention, you even said yourself that you thought I needed to go to some other board so the "adults," or grown-ups, can talk about serious stuff. How old are you??

I'm not going to sit here all morning and defend the PR system. All I can say is that you should just try it, see how it works for yourself. A scam that's been around since the late 1980's, has up to a half-a-year money-back guarantee, has hundreds of thousands of customers, and has been reinforced by the BBB(Better Business Bereau) is pretty hard to come by.

If you truly believe it to be a scam, and you want it to be a scam, then please - don't come here. It wastes everyone else's time, and patience. If you think it's a scam, it's your loss.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

#38983 10/21/03 12:26 PM

How specifically does one's ability to read quickly relate to one's ability to use proper grammar? While I agree that it is best to use proper grammar, that ability is not related to reading. Many books, especially some more technical or how-to books, are not written in a manner that would recieve high grades in an English class. Grammar is not really taught very well in schools and has not been for years. I've noticed people often use improper grammar on the internet in general regardless of the topic of the forum. Writing a post is not the same as writing a term paper or essay and people often write in a conversational manner and since this is a very common practice flames for spelling and grammar have long been considered bad netiquete.

What is you intent behind flaming people on their grammar and somehow equating it with their reading ability? How specifically does proper grammar relate to intelligence? Why are you even on this forum?

#38984 10/21/03 03:36 PM

I have found that many forum on the web have bad spelling and grammar. I tend to think that this is due to the informal nature of these sites and not due to the ability of the posters.

Bruce

#38985 10/23/03 12:21 AM

Dont let glen get to you guys. It looks like you put your posts through spell check.

(Im not flaming you guys too, Iv practiced PRing for near to two years)

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited October 22, 2003).]

#38986 10/23/03 03:39 AM

Good point, Mastermind. But you know I could copy and paste my posts from word before I post them. Sorry for the redundant reddudancy about posting posts.

Fritz

#38987 10/23/03 12:07 PM

I didn't use a spell checker. I was an English major before I became interested in psychology and communications and their applications switched to social sciences. I don't see spelling or grammar as something important in informal discussions such as chats, discussion boards, or the usenet.

I know Glenski did not use a spell checker since his spelling is still "attrocious."

#38988 10/25/03 06:39 AM

IMHO i'd say that most people on this forum do have very good spelling and grammar. As compared to other forums on the internet this is one of the best ones i've come accross. Sure its not perfect, and no we dont put it through spellcheck, but it is pretty darn good.

I dont even know why im posting here....

well then goodnight

#38989 10/25/03 12:13 PM

An "expert" or genius" are words thrown around these days. They bring to mind people who are rigid, "know it alls" who thinks they always are correct and can not learn from others. They cross every T and dot every i and do things by the book. PR on the otherhand, teaches people to have a 'Beginners mind", have fun and play, not to be so rigid. And, PRers DO learn from others: on the forum and other ways. If I had to name four people who knew the system (currently who uses the forum) they would be

Alex K
Young Prer
Iam2
Michael Saikali

They know the system, but they do not clam "genius" just people who want to find and use a more efficient way to enjoy life and learn something in the process.

#38990 10/26/03 05:39 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

If you want to improve your grammar, vocabulary, or writing style, simply hold that as part of your purpose when you PhotoRead.

You'll notice an improvement in short order.

I remember so vividly one of our early students. This was when a class met on four evenings over several weeks.

On top of her term paper her teacher wrote, "A+ Brenda, your writing style improved overnight. What did you do?!"

She merely PhotoRead a stack of books before writing her report.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved