Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello all,

I have a question for all of you. Who on this forum cant PR, but have trully committed to it? Have you gone through the course diligently, sticking to daily tasks, doing the 5 day test or going through the Self Study Course (a 2nd time if you didnt get it the first time) and appling it every place possible? One thing I have seen is that almost all the people who fail PRing fail before they even finish. They get discouraged because they dont see results right away, and they want instant gratification. So I challenge all the people who have not yet got a hang of the system to, try again but this time with purpose, and heart. I can almost garentee that if you have a positive mind frame, and you are consitant you will learn the system. And most importnat implement the NOPS theory. Have Fun

-Benny

Hi, I definitely do the steps and believed I've failed. It happens a lot. I'm still committed to the steps, and really hope to succeed. Perhaps I restrict myself from having fun, and that could cause a problem. I realize I put too much pressure on myself to get things right and not waste time...I guess I just need some convincing.

How much of a noticeable change has using the PhotoReading Whole Mind System made for you, or anyone else? I get the gist of the book definitely, and just a few details, but I’d really be blown away if I got plenty of detail. I know I need a purpose, trigger words, etc,...is it possible that my standards are too high and I’m overestimating myself as a beginner?

Administrator
Administrator

How much time do you spend activating? Do you actually pull out trigger words or as your post hints skip that part?

There comes a time when you won't need to write down trigger words for many of the books that you intend to activate. In the beginning it is best if you do write them down. Your telling your mind to become aware of the information in a book in a way that isn't taught in school. That is to become an active reader rather than a passive one. The trigger words help you to move in the direction of an active reader faster than the passive approach where you just hope that the important information comes out sooner rather than later.

Also give yourself enough time to fully activate the books. Many people expect to move from never finishing the book on time to having it done in 20 minutes. How can you do that without knowing "how" to do that? You need to experience fully activating a book and in the beginning it takes you longer and that's fair enough.

It's like trying to run as fast as an olympic sprinter. When you first hit the tracks your time is going to be a lot slower than someone who has been doing it for years. You have to do a few sprints yourself to physically train your body in order to get to the level of the olympic sprinter.

Apply what you've learnt fully as often as you can.

Alex

I've activated not very long, honestly. At most, I did only a few minutes more after the half-hour designed in the course. It's still my worrisome nature that gets in the way; that inevitable sense of hopelessness...I realize that when regular reading, people do it and hope that something sticks. That's my attitude with PhotoReading. It's really inconvenient to have this get in the way.
I do pull out trigger words, but it is possible that they are not unique enough?... or would it not matter? For example, I might pick the words "technique" or "application," but those words can be in many books, thus I may overlook them.
Or is it the other way around and I should pick common words, so I tend to dip more?
Also, what if I pull out trigger words and super-read (or skitter) and have absolutely no hunches? I realize that my purpose is probably not strong enough as well. I'm really determined to point on what I'm doing wrong.

Btw, I'm impressed at your constant metaphors. Do those just pop up spontaneously?
I appreciate your answers. Sorry about the barrage of precise questions.

Administrator
Administrator

Actually you're more on the right track than you realise. The first book probably needs another 30 to 60 minutes to gel fully for you and that would put you way over the top on regular readers that still have 4 or 5 hours of reading to do and had no idea what they wanted out of the book.

When I get stuck and am not pulling information from the book and activation isn't leading me to anything. I take a moment to reflect back on my purpose. What was it I wanted or needed to know from this book and for what reason. This causes me to review what my question. If I know that I have to know something out of a book but am not forming questions and trigger words are not helping I look back to the content and index to see what raises my curiosity. Sometimes I notice something odd when I do that. One of my tricks is to turn the heading and subheadings into questions. If I can answer the question then I already know the material. One of my reasons for superreading and dipping seeming not to be working. The other thing I found is that the answer is quick and easy to find, its usally somewhere under that heading. In which case I often prefer skittering. I might zig zag up and down the page to connect with the sentence or paragraph that 'clears' up the answer for me.

My metaphors, I hunt for them, like a dog digging for a tree root.

Alex

OP Offline

As far as I go i am an OK PRer. But what I have realized is that everybody who hasnt gotten the system completly under their belt has a reason. I have yet to see a person who has gone through the system diligently, completed all daily tasks, did the 5 day test on more than one book, and even go through the system a second or thrid time fail. The system works and thats a fact. The key to mastering PRing in my opnion is not about mastering the system but mastering your self. Once you have mastered your self all your goals and desires are well in reach. Good luck

-Benny

One must not look upon the failure's of life but look upon the lesson to be learned and act to bring desired changes ...

Love and Light

Michael Saikali

Hey, I've never done everything in the course. I do all the steps for a book, although not perfectly as the book says.

I finished the very first book I tried the system on in about an hour and a half, instead of my usual 20 to 30 hours. My comprehension wasn't what it would normally be, however I also didn't want anymore from the book.

I had similar results with my second book.

My desires of mastery are beyond this basic level of utility, so I will soon be revisiting the system. I'll try some of the things I haven't tried before. I'll also be playing with it. I'll be trying out ideas of my own.

So I haven't fully used the system, and yet I have great success. Not everything I want, but miles better than I used to have.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved