Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

You want to go through the whole book once really,really fast. Then you want to go through the individual chapters and treat the individual chapters as a book itself.And yes by all means definitely do multiple passes on each chapter. It's like Dana Hanson says going from the whole and then breaking it down to parts and let me stress keeping going through the chapter many times on multiple passes.However this post is starting go remind me of a earlier post where someone was a beginning photoreader and they wanted to learn photoreading and a highly technical text at the same time and Alexk definitely did not think that was a good idea so Seto the ? becomes are you trying to learn how to photoread and activate at the same time and learn a technical text at the same time or do you already know photoreading and activation and you want to activate some technical books. Let us know so we can figure the best way to help you. sincerely,photoread4me.

seto Offline OP
OP Offline

That's a good question. Honestly I haven't mastered any of the steps yet, I am still a beginner photo reader even though I've had this kit for a long time now.

I was thinking, trying to learn how to photoread with a highly technical text that I am also trying to learn is suicide!

So I agree with you photoread4me, what type of books are good to practice PR'ing with?

I recommend you purchase the Einstein Factor and read it from cover to cover. It explains many things, which are used in the photoreading program. First the Einstein Factor cites a research project done with blind people who had lost they're site later in life due to brain damage. They had a family member walk into the room. They monitored they're skin and noticed a rise in electromagnetic activity, this is a sign of emotion. So you subconscious can see, when you conscious cannot. Happy?

Dan

quote:
Originally posted by seto:
Alright, let's see ... what is my purpose? My purpose is to know all the material in the book so that I can do well on my exams. Is this purpose too broad? Maybe it's better to break this down into smaller purposes somehow?

As well, I'm reading books on mostly programming and advanced math topics. So would it be a good idea to make several passes through the book and stating a different purpose each time? For example, "I want to know about pointers" and "I want to fully understand polymorphism"

You're on the right track. Let's say you do one pass with the purpose of learning about pointers. Well along the way you'll see other things and let them pass. Then maybe the next day you'll wake up and say, "hey, what was that thing about...?" Now you have a new purpose for your next activation session. Moreover, in that second session you'll be passing over the same stuff you passed over before, so you'll understand that stuff a little better just by superreading past it. The purpose should be specific so that it makes you open the book. Everything else stems from that.

seto Offline OP
OP Offline

That sounds simple enough! So basically, start with one purpose and branch out from there.

So if programming books aren't ideal for the beginner photo reader, then what kind of books are? Biology books? History? Best sellers?

Administrator
Administrator

Any Non fiction book on a subject that you are interested in and have some foundation knowledge of is a great start.

The reason I strongly recommend not using books that you are studying for courses with is that there is an underlying emotional investment. You want to do well in the course. On a scale of 1 to 10 this probably has an importance factor of 8 for most people. Add to that photoreading. for which their emotional factor for learning, for the sake of learning might start at 6 but because of the need (in association to studying) this often bears the same importance as the course subject. You wind up with emotional overload that you have twice as much bagage to carry. It greatly hinders the learning of photoreading and the course subject learning.

The books that you learn with may be technical, however, not related to any of the courses you are studying (unless it's one you love and find a breeze anyway because you're doing it more for the fun of it).

Any non fiction book of 200 to 300 pages is excellent. The only 'rule' is that it something that you are curious about and removed from any other studying you're doing at the momment. This helps you to be able to notice how purpose, and a questioning mind delves into a book for activation. Once you 'see', feel, 'know' you've done it. It's easier to transfer. Give yourself the chance to recognise that you learnt the Photoreading system.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited October 27, 2003).]

seto Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks AlexK, I think I'll leave my course studying books alone and not put too much pressure while I play around with PR.

My diploma program has nothing to do with anything other than computers. Since I'm interested in history, bilogy and martial arts maybe those are safe to try?

Martial art books have too many illustations while history books have few. Biology seems to be the medium. From your experiences, what would be my best bet to try PR with?

Administrator
Administrator

Martial arts can still be cool and the pictures are picked up by the mind. You might try that for the sake of improving the moves. Picking up tips and the practice of photoreading books with pictures is good too. You'll find graphs diagrams and photos less distracting in other books when they do pop up.

Biologyand even computer books are fine too. Just set yourself a sound purpose Something along the lines of I want to understand more about... [pick something you noticed in the preview or postview]. Then think of a couple of questions you would ask the author about that aspect of the subject.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved