Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rene Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey! So an idea that I thought was pretty good kinda hit me in the face whilst being bored in social studies. Im sure most of you have set an alarm clock and after a while begin to wake up like 20 seconds before it rings. So your subconcious has an internal clock and I was wondering, seeing as how the whole course is about taping into the subconcious, is there a way that we can tap into this asset and use it to know the time at all times?

I think it would be really interesting not to need a watch since I lost mine and usually rely on it a lot!

Thanks!
Rene

I use a technique called Mindscape which is somewhat based on the Silva Mind System. The technique involves getting into a relaxed, Alpha-brainwave state and tapping into a metaphorical "Workshop" containing different tools, among them is an alarm clock and a regular clock. I have had many times when I know the exact time when using this technique, but also at many others when I'm simply very relaxed for whatever reason. I always get the time right on the minute. However, I have not yet developed this technique to the point where I can confidently and consistently access the current time at any time of the day; I suspect that will come as I learn to sense and trust my intuition more. For now, the alarm clock has been serving me as a very useful tool; it works 100% of the time when I either set it to a time when I will have gotten enough sleep, or if I set it so that I get not quite enough sleep, it will still work so long as I still have a strong intention and desire to get up at that time. The exactness is what is often quite scary :-)

I don't know, however, how you might apply PhotoReading to acquiring such a skill except to practice imagining/feeling/visualizing a clock when you are in the accelerative learning state. For me, I've noticed, it works better for me just to get an intuitive "sense" of the time than to visualize it because as of yet my visualization skills are shakier than my ability to "feel."

-Cameron Jay E.

Time is a very tricky thing.

Your mind somewhere somehow always knows what time it is. My suggestion is just make every second count, and then the rest of the time just won't matter.

Another thing you might try is practicing guessing the time before looking at a clock. Eventually, you'll probably gain the skill with practice and doing this several times. Then, you can stop wearing the watch once your skills are reliable.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Yes; This is what I have done. However, my ability to tell time using my inner mind varies directly with my ability to recognize and trust my intuition. The last time I noticed, it wasn't perfectly reliable yet, but it's definitely been improving recently. I'm sure that I'll get it before the end of 2003, especially because I intend to be even more dilligent and consistent about regularly meditating and developing my Mindscape technique. :-)

It's all determined by how much positive energy you put into things that determines how fast they happen...

Have you ever tried this time excercise, Youngprer?

-Cameron

quote:
Originally posted by youngprer:
Another thing you might try is practicing guessing the time before looking at a clock. Eventually, you'll probably gain the skill with practice and doing this several times. Then, you can stop wearing the watch once your skills are reliable.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer[/B]

Well, no, I haven't. Time doesn't really matter much to me, because most of the time I'm too busy daydreaming and preoccupied with other thoughts to even care.

However, the theory behind it is simple. It works the same way that building any other skill works, and it's even something that the horrible education system does somewhat correctly. Very simple idea - practice becoming accurate at one thing or another, and with time your brain automatically gets better at it.

It's just the same as practicing math, or Chess, or even intuition. As they say in the Sedona Method, "'intuition is only correct 100% of the time,' but it's emotional interference that gets involved." If you can find a way to let go of fearing your intuition being wrong, you can certainly improve it, as well as any other skill, once you remove fear, worry, or sometimes even concern.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved